Christian Worldview
"As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.
Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ."
-Colossians 2:6-8
When God calls us to Him, when we're saved through faith...so many people think that the rest of their life will be an easy ride. Their saved, everything will work out fine now. But Christians are still tested and tried, and have trials. And we need to beware of hollow and deceptive philosophy and thinking. Because the world still pressures us and influences us, whether we want it to or not. It's so hard to know whats right and wrong...but mostly for me, the hard thing to know it where to draw the line. I keep reminding myslef that it's "not how close you can get to the world (or to sin) but how far away you can stay from it." That's true, but how do you know where that line draws, ends, or even starts?
"I want to see the world through Jesus' eyes, see through Jesus' tears.
I want to see the world through Jesus' eyes, my visions not as clear.
I want to feel the world with the hands that made it, know the pain and appreciate it,
Hear their cries and hope to understand."
I started an apologetics course last Thursday with a bunch oh homeschooled highschool students. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, and I think I'll learn a lot. It's good to know why you believe something, and to be able to explain that to people who don't know what to believe. One thing we learned this week is that Jesus is the foundation of the Biblical Christian Worldview. Some people would say that the Bible is the foundation. But the Bible is simply the way that God has chosen to speak and communicate His truth to us. The Christian worldview relates to all of life too.
One more thing I was thinking about, lol, is how often we look at things in bits and pieces, instead of a whole, if you know what I mean. We often dramatize one small thing to make it bigger than it seems, and then we forget the big picture.
"The basic problem of the Christians in this country is that they have seen thing in bits and pieces instead of totals." -Understanding the Times
Well...there's the post you guys wanted. I shall now go cause I really have no time to be on the computer. So have a nice week everyone. I probably won't be blogging for a while, cause I have so much school to do! goodbye!
Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ."
-Colossians 2:6-8
When God calls us to Him, when we're saved through faith...so many people think that the rest of their life will be an easy ride. Their saved, everything will work out fine now. But Christians are still tested and tried, and have trials. And we need to beware of hollow and deceptive philosophy and thinking. Because the world still pressures us and influences us, whether we want it to or not. It's so hard to know whats right and wrong...but mostly for me, the hard thing to know it where to draw the line. I keep reminding myslef that it's "not how close you can get to the world (or to sin) but how far away you can stay from it." That's true, but how do you know where that line draws, ends, or even starts?
"I want to see the world through Jesus' eyes, see through Jesus' tears.
I want to see the world through Jesus' eyes, my visions not as clear.
I want to feel the world with the hands that made it, know the pain and appreciate it,
Hear their cries and hope to understand."
I started an apologetics course last Thursday with a bunch oh homeschooled highschool students. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, and I think I'll learn a lot. It's good to know why you believe something, and to be able to explain that to people who don't know what to believe. One thing we learned this week is that Jesus is the foundation of the Biblical Christian Worldview. Some people would say that the Bible is the foundation. But the Bible is simply the way that God has chosen to speak and communicate His truth to us. The Christian worldview relates to all of life too.
One more thing I was thinking about, lol, is how often we look at things in bits and pieces, instead of a whole, if you know what I mean. We often dramatize one small thing to make it bigger than it seems, and then we forget the big picture.
"The basic problem of the Christians in this country is that they have seen thing in bits and pieces instead of totals." -Understanding the Times
Well...there's the post you guys wanted. I shall now go cause I really have no time to be on the computer. So have a nice week everyone. I probably won't be blogging for a while, cause I have so much school to do! goodbye!


<< Home