Monday, July 10, 2006

28

it's what You've told me so much before. it's what i've been ignoring, not wanting to believe. it's that You told me to not get into it and i did, and look where it's gotten me. it's that never ending ache that somehow just won't leave that little corner in my heart. it's that memory that won't slip out of the back of my mind. it's that feeling of being totally transparent, and not sure that i want to be. it's when You broke down those strongholds.

----
---
--
-

"I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Choose life...loving the Lord your God, obeying Him, and holding fast to Him; for that means life to you..." (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)

-
--
---
----


i feel the urge to hug someone and try to make them happy. i feel the urge to sob my heart out. but i feel the urge to... laugh? yes, it's possible.

"Some days I just wonder how God can love me when I can be so on-again-off-again, so up and down. But then I remember, God's love isn't based on what I do. God's love is based on what Jesus did." (Rachel Joy Scott)

----
---
--
-

"Time and space come together as we look at the stars, as we worship silently together in this most massive cathedral of the summer sky. Something in both of us aches and hungers and is not filled even in the presence of this awesome beauty. This is more than a hunger for beauty. It is at the same time a hunger for love, for acceptance - which, if you think about it long enough, you'll realize is a hunger for God. For He is beautiful.
To gaze upon the beauty of the Lord ... (Psalm 27:4)
And that is why we hunger for beauty. Have you ever recognized your need for God in this particular way? Have you ever contemplated one of those theological lists of God's attributes and concluded that He is above all beautiful? We rarely ponder His beauty, much less seek 'to gaze upon it ....
Creativity is not about me. It is not about you. It is not us somehow acting like little gods, creating on our own in the same way God creates. Although He asks us to imitate Him, we are not imitators of God in this dimension. The most we can for is to respond appropriately and creatively to who God is and what He means. Creativity is a response.
And that is what true worship is - a response. Because it is a response, it does not originate with me. He speaks. He moves. He is beautiful. We respond. We create. We worship.
Today I choose to be a celebrant. By God's enabling grace I will hold Jesus up before the world and not hold myself up. I will seek to respond to His extravagant love by any and all means possible. I will strive to create art that will communicate to the world, and most especially to Him, how much I love and long for His presence."
-Scribbling in the Sand, by Michael Card
Those were some excerpts from the book called Scribbling in the Sand. It's a really good book I just started reading ... about Christ and Creativity. If you didn't know, Michael Card is a famous Christian singer/songwriter.
What really hit me is that our hunger for love, for acceptance, is really a hunger for God. If only the world could realize that. If only they could see that what they really need, what they really hunger for is for God. Cause you can only find true love, true acceptance, in Him. You won't find it if you look anywhere else.
And when we find that love that conquers all else, when we find that true acceptance, we respond in worship. And because it is a response, "it does not originate in me."
God speaks. God is the one that moves. He is beautiful.
We need to respond. So we create. And we worship.

(archives-Novemeber 2005)

*
yea i'm somehow getting there slowly. amazing, isn't it.