Friday, April 29, 2005

{Hurricane}
Mindy Smith
I felt the faint trace of thunder
Rattle this old house
I saw the fire light the sky
But there's no sign of rain anywhere
I need a hurricane to empty out this place
Seems it's the only way
To salvage any sense I have left
To move on
I'm waiting to hear your voice again
And lighten up this heart
And I'm holding on to stupid memories
But I see you in every little thing
I need a hurricane to straighten out this place
It may be the only way
To salvage any sense I have left
To move on
I need a hurricane to ravage this place
I think it's the only way
To salvage any sense I have left
To move on
I felt the faint trace of thunder
But there's no sign of rain anywhere
No there's no sign of you anywhere
Lately I've been finding a ton of things out about myself...with the help of some people. It's kinda hard to explain. I thought lately people were acting fake, when really I was the one who was acting fake, the one who wasn't being myself all the time. I thought people were excluding me, when really I was the one who was making assumptions that they were. When they weren't.
So I would feel sorry for myself and pout, when really it was all my fault. I made assupmtions about a lot of people, a lot of stuff. Which was wrong. I shouldn't have made assumptions of people when I hadely even knew them in the first place. I hate talking about people behind their backs. Yet, I'm guilty of this all the time.
Now I'm making things better. With people, myself, and God. Reading my Bible more, praying more. "Sometimes it's hard to know that you need to be saved, 'til you hit the bottom, and rattle the cage. Sometimes you just gotta keep digging away, until you breath through, to the light of the day..." Mindy Smith
One verse that I've come back to again and again lately is 1 Corinthians 12:9...
"And He said to me, "My grace is sifficient for you, for my Strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
Reminds me again and again that when I make mistakes, when I've messed up...I can come back to God again and again, all the time, whenever I need to. And He'll listen. He'll forgive me again and again.
1 Corinthians 12:5...
"Of such a one I will boast; yet of myself I will no boast, except in my infirmities."
So true. Our sins our ugly, but made beautiful in Christ.
All the things I know I need
It just keeps me searching
All the things I've never had
It just keeps me wanting it more
Fighting for it all
-Mindy Smith
*sigh* I love Mindy Smith. I love my family, friends. Who will always understand, even when I don't seem to or don't want to. Who will always forgive me and give me another chance when I've messed up. Which I do a lot. We all do it a lot. I love God. Who is the most important person in my life. Who will forgive me for everything in my whole entire life. Friends and family may not always be there for your whole life...God will. Comforting thought. Wonderful thought. When I don't always want to listen to HIm, when I rebel against Him, He'll forgive. We can ask or things, He'll always give answers, It might not be the answer we want, but God knows best. Trust in Him.
A lot of thinking...a lot of feelings and a whole bunch of stuff...is making me tired. But back to work I go. My braaaaain has been thinking too hard.
God Bless,
Allegro