T-I-R-E-D
Dead tired. And very cold (at the moment). I just went upstairs to get a sweater and socks. I was already wearing pants and a long sleeved shirt. Hmmm, maybe I'm cold-blooded or something. *wink* I got a pair of blue socks, which go sooo nicely with my black pants. *snort* And my fuzzy, lovely, orange sweater. So now I'm cozy and ready to write another post.
I haven't posted in so long! The last few days have been crazy busy for me though. They were busy, and they didn't even have anything to do with schoolwork. Actually, I haven't done school for the last two days. Next week I am buckling down and getting the things I'm so beind in done. Like Math, Bible, Enlgish, and Logic. The main things. Then there's the Latin and French I'm a bit behind in. Science shouldn't be too hard to finish up.
AH, why am I so tired? There was a Youth Group thing at my church tonight that I would've gone too. My brother isn't going though, he has a track meet tomorrow. So I won't go either I guess.
The tag on my sweater is itching me.
Yesterday was my ballet exam. It went really well, even though I have major feet cramps today and my legs are SO SORE. Walking down the stairs is torture. The examiner was "Mrs. Brown" and older lady with "blonde" hair. I love ballet examiners. Their so prim and proper, adorable old ladies. I smiled at her once, a big smile, and her whole face lit up, it was funny. That's what ballet examiners like though. Big smiles, happy faces/personalities, showy dancing. Plus all the other things that you've learned and perfected the whole year to actually do the exam. I hope she liked me.
After my exam I had to race home and take a shower before our little homeschool choir thing that my Mom oraganized and directs. I had to take a shower. . . ew, it was so gross. I had already put a ton of gel in my hair for my exam (because your bunn and everything has to be absoutely perfect. No little hair out of place. :S) and I got there, Miss Jaqueline stuck a huge blob of this yucky orange gel on her hand. It was a huge blob. She didn't even rub it in her hands, just slid it over my hair. My hair went flaky and jelly, it was not a very nice feeling.
So I had to take a shower in ten minutes. I still feel like the gel is in my hair, YUCK.
That night I had an hour and a half of music lessons. Voice, harmony, and piano. I had already had an hour piano lesson the night before, but both me and my teacher were really tired, so we said we'd just do the other half an hour the next day, since I was coming for Harmony anyways.
Trying to sing was a challenge. I felt like I was still panting from my ballet exam, let alone try to support my sound singing. :P
Today I had two festival classes. Singing classes that is. I was happy with how I sang it, but not happy with the adjudicator. My Tale of the Oyster my Mom said was the most "dramatic she's ever seen me do it." Which is sometimes hard for me, cause I think it's weird to do total dramatic character. I don't think it's weird, that's what makes Broadway funny and entertaining, but you just feel silly doing it. But today I thought I really let myself go. The ajduicator contradicted everything he said. He'd say what he was looking for in say my sacred class or broadway, and then give other people the first place, etc., who didn't do that at all. To my opinion. But that's the thing about fetivals. Everything is so subjective. So I didn't place in either classes, but oh well. You keep moving on, learning new stuff. Get over it. It's a festival, although I wasn't extremely happy, it's ok. It's subjective anyways. I SHALL LIVE. *wink*
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Down In Flames
Mindy Smith
I don't usually take chances
Most would easily agree.
Something in your eyes
Is saying you can ease my heart ache
I have a hurting inside
And I know you're just a stranger
If you can't I'll understand
There's too many times I've lost
My chance to talk with an angel
Too many to count
Chorus 1:
And life's so hard
It's the little things that seem to be getting me today
Yeah, life's so hard
But I'm doing what I can to not be getting down
While I'm going down in flames
Going down in flames
And I would tell you I am happy
If I wasn't so sad
And the loneliness of both
Overwhelms and keeps me empty
That's how it's been for a while
(Repeat chorus 1)
I need some direction
I need someone to listen
Someone to tell me they know that
Chorus 2:
Life's so hard
It's the little things that seem to be getting me today
And life's so hard
And I'm doing what I can (x4)
I'm putting out the flames
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mindy Smith has awesome lyrics. I love her singing, an I love Andrea and Maiden and Summer and Shimmer for getting me her CD. I listen to it all the time. :D
Well, life is busy. Which means I have to go. Sadly.
This is a long post. Thanks for listening. :D
letting go,
Legro
I haven't posted in so long! The last few days have been crazy busy for me though. They were busy, and they didn't even have anything to do with schoolwork. Actually, I haven't done school for the last two days. Next week I am buckling down and getting the things I'm so beind in done. Like Math, Bible, Enlgish, and Logic. The main things. Then there's the Latin and French I'm a bit behind in. Science shouldn't be too hard to finish up.
AH, why am I so tired? There was a Youth Group thing at my church tonight that I would've gone too. My brother isn't going though, he has a track meet tomorrow. So I won't go either I guess.
The tag on my sweater is itching me.
Yesterday was my ballet exam. It went really well, even though I have major feet cramps today and my legs are SO SORE. Walking down the stairs is torture. The examiner was "Mrs. Brown" and older lady with "blonde" hair. I love ballet examiners. Their so prim and proper, adorable old ladies. I smiled at her once, a big smile, and her whole face lit up, it was funny. That's what ballet examiners like though. Big smiles, happy faces/personalities, showy dancing. Plus all the other things that you've learned and perfected the whole year to actually do the exam. I hope she liked me.
After my exam I had to race home and take a shower before our little homeschool choir thing that my Mom oraganized and directs. I had to take a shower. . . ew, it was so gross. I had already put a ton of gel in my hair for my exam (because your bunn and everything has to be absoutely perfect. No little hair out of place. :S) and I got there, Miss Jaqueline stuck a huge blob of this yucky orange gel on her hand. It was a huge blob. She didn't even rub it in her hands, just slid it over my hair. My hair went flaky and jelly, it was not a very nice feeling.
So I had to take a shower in ten minutes. I still feel like the gel is in my hair, YUCK.
That night I had an hour and a half of music lessons. Voice, harmony, and piano. I had already had an hour piano lesson the night before, but both me and my teacher were really tired, so we said we'd just do the other half an hour the next day, since I was coming for Harmony anyways.
Trying to sing was a challenge. I felt like I was still panting from my ballet exam, let alone try to support my sound singing. :P
Today I had two festival classes. Singing classes that is. I was happy with how I sang it, but not happy with the adjudicator. My Tale of the Oyster my Mom said was the most "dramatic she's ever seen me do it." Which is sometimes hard for me, cause I think it's weird to do total dramatic character. I don't think it's weird, that's what makes Broadway funny and entertaining, but you just feel silly doing it. But today I thought I really let myself go. The ajduicator contradicted everything he said. He'd say what he was looking for in say my sacred class or broadway, and then give other people the first place, etc., who didn't do that at all. To my opinion. But that's the thing about fetivals. Everything is so subjective. So I didn't place in either classes, but oh well. You keep moving on, learning new stuff. Get over it. It's a festival, although I wasn't extremely happy, it's ok. It's subjective anyways. I SHALL LIVE. *wink*
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Down In Flames
Mindy Smith
I don't usually take chances
Most would easily agree.
Something in your eyes
Is saying you can ease my heart ache
I have a hurting inside
And I know you're just a stranger
If you can't I'll understand
There's too many times I've lost
My chance to talk with an angel
Too many to count
Chorus 1:
And life's so hard
It's the little things that seem to be getting me today
Yeah, life's so hard
But I'm doing what I can to not be getting down
While I'm going down in flames
Going down in flames
And I would tell you I am happy
If I wasn't so sad
And the loneliness of both
Overwhelms and keeps me empty
That's how it's been for a while
(Repeat chorus 1)
I need some direction
I need someone to listen
Someone to tell me they know that
Chorus 2:
Life's so hard
It's the little things that seem to be getting me today
And life's so hard
And I'm doing what I can (x4)
I'm putting out the flames
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mindy Smith has awesome lyrics. I love her singing, an I love Andrea and Maiden and Summer and Shimmer for getting me her CD. I listen to it all the time. :D
Well, life is busy. Which means I have to go. Sadly.
This is a long post. Thanks for listening. :D
letting go,
Legro


<< Home