Psalm 91
"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
“Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”
-------------------------------------
"Welcome to the teenage years dearest! I can guarantee they'll put you on some sort of emotional rollercoaster, but if you keep on letting Him be first in your life it will eliminate some of those tears. Only His opinion truly matters. Thankfully, He sees our true self. Keep it real, always strive to be yourself, but most of all strive to be like the Lord! There will be times when you will be trying to figure our exactly just who you are. On those times, cling to Christ. He will pull you through doubts, hesitation, hurts, fears, and all those thing that act as stumbling stones."
One of my friends wrote that to me...in a birthday letter. Yno whats encouraging...having people there to talk to when you're going through tough stuff. And to know that you can trust what they say. But most of all...being able to go to God.
Why, why are You still with me?
Didn't You see what I've done?
In my shame I want to run and hide myself
But it's here I see the truthI don't deserve You
But I need You to love me, and I
I won't keep my heart from You this time
So I'll stop this pretending that I can
Somehow deserve what I already have
I need You to love me
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
“Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”
-------------------------------------
"Welcome to the teenage years dearest! I can guarantee they'll put you on some sort of emotional rollercoaster, but if you keep on letting Him be first in your life it will eliminate some of those tears. Only His opinion truly matters. Thankfully, He sees our true self. Keep it real, always strive to be yourself, but most of all strive to be like the Lord! There will be times when you will be trying to figure our exactly just who you are. On those times, cling to Christ. He will pull you through doubts, hesitation, hurts, fears, and all those thing that act as stumbling stones."
One of my friends wrote that to me...in a birthday letter. Yno whats encouraging...having people there to talk to when you're going through tough stuff. And to know that you can trust what they say. But most of all...being able to go to God.
Why, why are You still with me?
Didn't You see what I've done?
In my shame I want to run and hide myself
But it's here I see the truthI don't deserve You
But I need You to love me, and I
I won't keep my heart from You this time
So I'll stop this pretending that I can
Somehow deserve what I already have
I need You to love me


<< Home