And He said, Go out and stand on the mount before the Lord. And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake;
And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a sound of gentle stillness and a still, small voice.
When Elijah heard the voice, he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. And behold, there came a voice to him and said, What are you doing here, Elijah?
-1 Kings 19:11-13
I'm going to start paying attention to the small things more often. I shouldn't be waiting for God to just smack me in the face with something huge. He may come to me in a small breeze, and alot of the time I think I don't even notice it because I'm waiting for something huge. But really, He was wanting me to pay attention to the breeze all along, not the huge gust of wind.
And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a sound of gentle stillness and a still, small voice.
When Elijah heard the voice, he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. And behold, there came a voice to him and said, What are you doing here, Elijah?
-1 Kings 19:11-13
I'm going to start paying attention to the small things more often. I shouldn't be waiting for God to just smack me in the face with something huge. He may come to me in a small breeze, and alot of the time I think I don't even notice it because I'm waiting for something huge. But really, He was wanting me to pay attention to the breeze all along, not the huge gust of wind.


<< Home