How scientific is science?
here's an excerpt from the book (again) Jesus Among Other Gods by Ravi Zacharias. Man, I just love his books, I just have to post some of it! lol
"I was having dinner with a few scholars, most of whom were scientists, when our discussion veered into the conflict between science's starting point--nature alone--and supernaturalism's starting point, God as the only sufficient explanation for our origin.
I asked them a question that might be used to you in science class. "If the big bang were indeed where it all began--which one can fiarly well grant, at least to this point in science's thinking--may I ask what preceded the big bang?" Their answer, which I had anticipated, was that the universe was shrunk down to a singularity.
I pursued, "But isn't it correct that a singularity as defined by science is a point at which all the laws of physics break down?"
"That is correct," was their answer.
"Then, technically, your starting point is not scientific either."
There was silence. Their expressions showed their minds were scurrying for an escape hatch.
They didn't find one."
Don't you just love that in a way? I feel like yelling out the evidence that God really exists, that He made this world, and that how can anyone NOT believe in Him?
That's my thinking for today.
Oh, my piano mark! Well, I got an 84, which I was pretty pleased with. I wasn't the happiest though . . . I was hoping for an 88 or higher. But the marking system is sooo objective. I know I did my best, that I did really well, and marks don't really matter after that.
I got mostly perfect marks on my songs. It was my ear training that made my mark go down. But oh well. I always get ear training perfect . . . it's just that time when you actually get to the exam, and you just, yeah. It's kinda hard to explain. You know what it is, then you start thinking about it, then you're wondering what the interval really was, lol. Ah well.
This week should be fun. My brother did his last exam today for school. Which means Cho is also done, which means we HAVE to do something. :P I think we're going to do something tomorrow actually . . . I have piano, voice, and harmony tomorrow morning, all crammed together. EEK! Hopefully I don't get to tired . . .
I thihk Cho and I and our brothers are going to go see The Phantom of the Opera in theatres again tomorrow too. I love that movie. You guys HAVE to watch it. Well, if you like opera a bit you do. heh
Well, that's my post for today . . . back to work work work. It seems like it never ends. How can anyone actually say their done their work in a day? I could go on for a week straight and not be done. heh, maybe it's because I'm behind in my Math. :S Agh, Math is NOT my thing.
Cheers! <3
"I was having dinner with a few scholars, most of whom were scientists, when our discussion veered into the conflict between science's starting point--nature alone--and supernaturalism's starting point, God as the only sufficient explanation for our origin.
I asked them a question that might be used to you in science class. "If the big bang were indeed where it all began--which one can fiarly well grant, at least to this point in science's thinking--may I ask what preceded the big bang?" Their answer, which I had anticipated, was that the universe was shrunk down to a singularity.
I pursued, "But isn't it correct that a singularity as defined by science is a point at which all the laws of physics break down?"
"That is correct," was their answer.
"Then, technically, your starting point is not scientific either."
There was silence. Their expressions showed their minds were scurrying for an escape hatch.
They didn't find one."
Don't you just love that in a way? I feel like yelling out the evidence that God really exists, that He made this world, and that how can anyone NOT believe in Him?
That's my thinking for today.
Oh, my piano mark! Well, I got an 84, which I was pretty pleased with. I wasn't the happiest though . . . I was hoping for an 88 or higher. But the marking system is sooo objective. I know I did my best, that I did really well, and marks don't really matter after that.
I got mostly perfect marks on my songs. It was my ear training that made my mark go down. But oh well. I always get ear training perfect . . . it's just that time when you actually get to the exam, and you just, yeah. It's kinda hard to explain. You know what it is, then you start thinking about it, then you're wondering what the interval really was, lol. Ah well.
This week should be fun. My brother did his last exam today for school. Which means Cho is also done, which means we HAVE to do something. :P I think we're going to do something tomorrow actually . . . I have piano, voice, and harmony tomorrow morning, all crammed together. EEK! Hopefully I don't get to tired . . .
I thihk Cho and I and our brothers are going to go see The Phantom of the Opera in theatres again tomorrow too. I love that movie. You guys HAVE to watch it. Well, if you like opera a bit you do. heh
Well, that's my post for today . . . back to work work work. It seems like it never ends. How can anyone actually say their done their work in a day? I could go on for a week straight and not be done. heh, maybe it's because I'm behind in my Math. :S Agh, Math is NOT my thing.
Cheers! <3


<< Home