You still loved me even when i pushed You away
Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
-Colossians 3:2-3
---
I'm so tired of messing up. When I do I feel like I just can't deserve God's love anymore. How can I fall and then after that God still loves me?
"You're a God who has all things, but still You want me."
---
"Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life."
-Proverbs 4:23
I keep asking myself, and thinking...is this our generation? The broken hearted? This verse from Proverbs reminds me that it's so important to keep our hearts guarded. We live in such a broken world...so many people are hungering for fulfillment but they don't know where to find it. They think they can find it in the pleasures of this earth, but little do they know that only true fulfillment comes from knowing God. We give our hearts to be bruised & broken in exchange for but a moment of temporary love and yet God offers us a way to remain unbroken, but often we don't even want to hear it.
---
Thoughts of You and how You changed me
Without You where would I be?
So even though I've tried to express my thanks
It never comes out how I hoped
I always want to say so much more
So with these simple words I'll try
I love You
My heart is Yours, only Yours
I long to give You all of me
My everything, my everything
God, I never could repay You
You gave everything
Without You where would I be?
You still loved me even when I pushed You away
You stood there and waited
till the day I'd return
-Barlowgirl
"i have been reading through my journals of the last year and i realized all You have taken me through. all the promises You kept. all the ways You showed me You loved me. so often i look over Your presence and blessings in my life. but reading all You've done, i stand amazed!!"
-Barlowgirl
---
My hands hold safely to my dreams
Clutching tightly not one has fallen.
So many years I’ve shaped each one
Reflecting my heart, showing who I am.
Now you’re asking me to show
What I’m holding Oh so tightly.
Can’t open my hand; can’t let go
Does it matter?
Should I show you?
Can’t you let me go?
Surrender, surrender
You whisper gently
You say I will be free
I know but can’t you see
My dreams are me, My dreams are me
-Colossians 3:2-3
---
I'm so tired of messing up. When I do I feel like I just can't deserve God's love anymore. How can I fall and then after that God still loves me?
"You're a God who has all things, but still You want me."
---
"Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life."
-Proverbs 4:23
I keep asking myself, and thinking...is this our generation? The broken hearted? This verse from Proverbs reminds me that it's so important to keep our hearts guarded. We live in such a broken world...so many people are hungering for fulfillment but they don't know where to find it. They think they can find it in the pleasures of this earth, but little do they know that only true fulfillment comes from knowing God. We give our hearts to be bruised & broken in exchange for but a moment of temporary love and yet God offers us a way to remain unbroken, but often we don't even want to hear it.
---
Thoughts of You and how You changed me
Without You where would I be?
So even though I've tried to express my thanks
It never comes out how I hoped
I always want to say so much more
So with these simple words I'll try
I love You
My heart is Yours, only Yours
I long to give You all of me
My everything, my everything
God, I never could repay You
You gave everything
Without You where would I be?
You still loved me even when I pushed You away
You stood there and waited
till the day I'd return
-Barlowgirl
"i have been reading through my journals of the last year and i realized all You have taken me through. all the promises You kept. all the ways You showed me You loved me. so often i look over Your presence and blessings in my life. but reading all You've done, i stand amazed!!"
-Barlowgirl
---
My hands hold safely to my dreams
Clutching tightly not one has fallen.
So many years I’ve shaped each one
Reflecting my heart, showing who I am.
Now you’re asking me to show
What I’m holding Oh so tightly.
Can’t open my hand; can’t let go
Does it matter?
Should I show you?
Can’t you let me go?
Surrender, surrender
You whisper gently
You say I will be free
I know but can’t you see
My dreams are me, My dreams are me


<< Home