we're so close yet we're so far away
You make it seem like it was yesterday.
But we've come a long way out of the rain.
Can't seem to figure out what happens after this.
Why can't I?
Why must you say I made a mess out of things?
I won't believe it.
Tonight feels right like I'm dancing on air.
I'll make it right, I'll make it right.
*
When it's all said and done
And the night has come
I'll disappear, take flight on the wind of wishing you were here
Fading light, like a star whose life has been gone for years
*
Did you know how you would move me?
Did you know?
Well, I don’t even think so.
But the moment's magic swept us away.
And it’s so close but we’re so far away.
-Mae
But we've come a long way out of the rain.
Can't seem to figure out what happens after this.
Why can't I?
Why must you say I made a mess out of things?
I won't believe it.
Tonight feels right like I'm dancing on air.
I'll make it right, I'll make it right.
*
When it's all said and done
And the night has come
I'll disappear, take flight on the wind of wishing you were here
Fading light, like a star whose life has been gone for years
*
Did you know how you would move me?
Did you know?
Well, I don’t even think so.
But the moment's magic swept us away.
And it’s so close but we’re so far away.
-Mae


<< Home