Monday, April 03, 2006

at last.. peace

Walking with the blue skies overhead us, crushing fallen leaves of red and gold with our feet. I never saw the sun shining so bright except on that day. Holding eachother's sunburned hands, talking about way back when. Walking in the fields that shined like gold, wishing that moment would never pass. But knowing that all too soon it would, everything we once shared would be gone. Not because we wanted it to, but because we had to let go. Well I didn't want to.

Now I'm sitting here, watching the early morning rain make its patter against my window. Staring out into the autumn sky, surveying the leaves of bright red, burnt orange, and yellow. I never made promises lightly. Many years have passed since those summer days among those fields of gold. But life moves on, it keeps on going whether we want it to or not. And how can i help but be happy where I am? How can I keep from singing?

Sitting before a glowing fire, it lit up your face in orange and gold. Remember? I can still see your sweet smile shine through the darkness, it's line is etched in my memory. Just so I would know you by heart. We would share our secrets, we'd walk until the morning was gone. We were like children, laughing for hours, and I can never forget the joy you made my heart feel. I can still hear your voice, whispering like the wind.

You left in autumn. The leaves were turning, while i walked down roads of orange and gold. I could see your sweet smile in everything that I saw, every sound reminded me in some distant way of your laughter. You're still here beside my every day.

I miss you most of all, my darling
When autumn leaves start to fall

I called you up the other day just to tell you why I left and you and to say goodbye. And yes the weather is fine here, with a slight chance of rain.
We're both different now and I guess I've changed to.
And the other day I found a picture of your smiling face, it brought with it old memories that I thought I had forever locked away. But I've changed, the burden of anger from a heart filled with pain was finally lifted and I smiled at you again.

I spoke such harsh words before goodbye
Well I wanted to hurt you for the tears you made
You made me cry

All those years, they're gonna be part of my life forever. The joy and the pain mixed together. Memories can't heal the pain, but I've forgiven. And now I choose to forget.
And the truth is, I miss you.
Why?

'Cause I knew you by heart.