Elections elections . . .
Here's something we got on an email before the election started. I wanted to post it anyways, so I'll still do it.
We have early voting in Tennessee, and I voted last weekto re-elect President Bush. Perhaps the four reasonsI did so will help you as you go to the polls tomorrow.
Reason #1: Where we came from.When George W. Bush took the reigns from Bill Clinton, thecountry had suffered moral decay, escalating terrorist attacks, and an economy sliding into recession.Even though I didn't agree with all of Mr. Bush's programs,there is no question that he has been creative and bold in addressing pressing problems that were ignored during previousadministrations.
Reason #2: The war on terror.OBL is now reduced to (1) begging the U.S. to stop attacking and (2) making absurd threats that he has no ability to carry out. Al-Quaeda is like the proverbial chicken with its head cut off. It's still running around, and dangerous, but its demiseseems to be assured. This was unthinkable just four years ago. NO ONE believed, in the days following Sept. 11 that we could go three years without ANY attacks on U.S. interests inside America. How has this happened? Because more than 3,000 al-Quaeda terrorists havebeen arrested or killed, and its command and control networkhas been decimated. And though you haven't seen this on the news (two out of threestories on Bush have been negative, according to an article inEditor and Publisher last week), Walid Phares of the Foundationfor the Defense of Democracies said that the documents recentlyobtained from Iraq "establish irreversible evidence that therewere strategic relations between the Baathist regime andIslamist groups that became al-Quaeda."There's no longer an unstable tyrant in Iraq who possesses440,000 tons of weapons with the intent to do America harm.Yet when asked whether invading Iraq was the right thing to do,John Kerry's response last week was--and I am not making this up--"it depends on the outcome."This is not only deceitful, it is childish--the mushy thinkingof a person paralyzed by difficult decisions.
Reason #3: The economy.John Kerry has done his best to talk the U.S. economy down, butstatistics tell the whole story. The misery index (inflation plusunemployment) is the lowest it has ever been for a re-electioncampaign since LBJ. The unemployment rate is 5.4%, which is significantly smaller than any of the European countries whose approval John Kerry so desperately craves.Interest rates are low, the growth rate of 5.1% is astoundinggiven the Clinton recession and the devastating attacks ourcountry has experienced. Home ownership is up, taxes are down,and the U.S. Federal Reserve Board reports that financialwealth is way up for average middle-income families.Sept. 11th should have caused a depression, but Bush's boldtax cuts (which Nobel Prize Winning Economist Edward Prescottsaid were actually too small) stopped the bleeding and setAmerica on a path back to prosperity.
Reason #4: The Supreme Court.The Chicago Tribune reported that John Kerry told a post-debate rally, "I'll tell you, if you needed just three wordsof motivation, you want 'em? The--Supreme--Court." Kerryunderstands exactly what is at stake. If elected, Kerry'snominees could shore up support for legalized abortion fordecades to come and bring gay marriage within a year and a half.Bush has committed to appoint strict constructionists whowill interpret the constitution according to the founders'intent. There will probably be between one and threeSupreme Court appointments in the next four years.How will you vote Tuesday?Many people are predicting that Bush will win re-election,but Edmund Burke said, "Better be despised for too anxious apprehensions, than ruined by too confident security." You may have to stand in line for hours tomorrow, but you'll bemaking a decision of great historic importance.Christians, through their inaction, put Bill Clinton in theWhite House and almost let Al Gore in. When the results are reported tomorrow night, don't be among those who wished they would have acted to make a difference.Now is a time for courage and decisiveness.
I thought that was kinda interesting. At least Bush is winning at this point anyways. Really this election is between Christians and non Christians. I just keep thinking what's going to happen to Canada if Bush doesn't win. It's so weird how I'm so into the US election. I mean, I live in Canada! But this election means a lot to Canada too.
And we might not know for 10 whole days! I hope it goes quickly!
Sorry if the above thing doesn't have all the spaces and stuff. I copied and pasted it, so yeah.
I hope to blog again soon!
Thank you all for commenting so faithfully too! You're all so awesome!
Oh, and could you guys let me know for sure of you're coming to our concert on November 13th or not? Thanks! No pressure . . . lol ^_^
Have a great week!
We have early voting in Tennessee, and I voted last weekto re-elect President Bush. Perhaps the four reasonsI did so will help you as you go to the polls tomorrow.
Reason #1: Where we came from.When George W. Bush took the reigns from Bill Clinton, thecountry had suffered moral decay, escalating terrorist attacks, and an economy sliding into recession.Even though I didn't agree with all of Mr. Bush's programs,there is no question that he has been creative and bold in addressing pressing problems that were ignored during previousadministrations.
Reason #2: The war on terror.OBL is now reduced to (1) begging the U.S. to stop attacking and (2) making absurd threats that he has no ability to carry out. Al-Quaeda is like the proverbial chicken with its head cut off. It's still running around, and dangerous, but its demiseseems to be assured. This was unthinkable just four years ago. NO ONE believed, in the days following Sept. 11 that we could go three years without ANY attacks on U.S. interests inside America. How has this happened? Because more than 3,000 al-Quaeda terrorists havebeen arrested or killed, and its command and control networkhas been decimated. And though you haven't seen this on the news (two out of threestories on Bush have been negative, according to an article inEditor and Publisher last week), Walid Phares of the Foundationfor the Defense of Democracies said that the documents recentlyobtained from Iraq "establish irreversible evidence that therewere strategic relations between the Baathist regime andIslamist groups that became al-Quaeda."There's no longer an unstable tyrant in Iraq who possesses440,000 tons of weapons with the intent to do America harm.Yet when asked whether invading Iraq was the right thing to do,John Kerry's response last week was--and I am not making this up--"it depends on the outcome."This is not only deceitful, it is childish--the mushy thinkingof a person paralyzed by difficult decisions.
Reason #3: The economy.John Kerry has done his best to talk the U.S. economy down, butstatistics tell the whole story. The misery index (inflation plusunemployment) is the lowest it has ever been for a re-electioncampaign since LBJ. The unemployment rate is 5.4%, which is significantly smaller than any of the European countries whose approval John Kerry so desperately craves.Interest rates are low, the growth rate of 5.1% is astoundinggiven the Clinton recession and the devastating attacks ourcountry has experienced. Home ownership is up, taxes are down,and the U.S. Federal Reserve Board reports that financialwealth is way up for average middle-income families.Sept. 11th should have caused a depression, but Bush's boldtax cuts (which Nobel Prize Winning Economist Edward Prescottsaid were actually too small) stopped the bleeding and setAmerica on a path back to prosperity.
Reason #4: The Supreme Court.The Chicago Tribune reported that John Kerry told a post-debate rally, "I'll tell you, if you needed just three wordsof motivation, you want 'em? The--Supreme--Court." Kerryunderstands exactly what is at stake. If elected, Kerry'snominees could shore up support for legalized abortion fordecades to come and bring gay marriage within a year and a half.Bush has committed to appoint strict constructionists whowill interpret the constitution according to the founders'intent. There will probably be between one and threeSupreme Court appointments in the next four years.How will you vote Tuesday?Many people are predicting that Bush will win re-election,but Edmund Burke said, "Better be despised for too anxious apprehensions, than ruined by too confident security." You may have to stand in line for hours tomorrow, but you'll bemaking a decision of great historic importance.Christians, through their inaction, put Bill Clinton in theWhite House and almost let Al Gore in. When the results are reported tomorrow night, don't be among those who wished they would have acted to make a difference.Now is a time for courage and decisiveness.
I thought that was kinda interesting. At least Bush is winning at this point anyways. Really this election is between Christians and non Christians. I just keep thinking what's going to happen to Canada if Bush doesn't win. It's so weird how I'm so into the US election. I mean, I live in Canada! But this election means a lot to Canada too.
And we might not know for 10 whole days! I hope it goes quickly!
Sorry if the above thing doesn't have all the spaces and stuff. I copied and pasted it, so yeah.
I hope to blog again soon!
Thank you all for commenting so faithfully too! You're all so awesome!
Oh, and could you guys let me know for sure of you're coming to our concert on November 13th or not? Thanks! No pressure . . . lol ^_^
Have a great week!


<< Home