Wednesday, April 05, 2006

beautiful disaster

and here i sit with trembling heart.
timid in my waiting i am...
still a little sad to say goodbye so often friend
in fallen leaves and cold like a silent foreign film.

don’t let me fall away
don’t let me go - sweet Jesus
-Miranda Stone


I've been living in denial to what I really felt, to what I know God wants me to do. And I hate this, this living in denial. But I don't want to accept what God has to say to me. I push Him away when I can hear what He's saying so clearly, I ignore those clear words. There's so many other times when I'm on my knees just asking God to let His will be known to me, and now I can hear it so clearly but I don't want to listen.

Cause God you know what I want, You know everything, and I know that left to myself I would choose anything but You. Show me the way, because obviously left to myself I would choose the wrong thing.
God I know I push You away, I know I'm stubborn, hard to mold into what You want me to be. I tell You to leave me alone, to just let me do what I want.
But not matter how much I tell you to go away, don't let me go.
Jesus please don't let me go.
-
sometimes its embarrassing to talk to You. to hold a conversation with the only One who sees right through this version of myself i try to hide behind. i'll bury my face because my disgrace will leave me terrified. and sometimes i'm so thankful for Your loyalty. Your love regardless of the mistakes i make will spoil me. my confidence is, in a sense, a gift You've given me. and i'm satisfied to realize You're all i'll ever need. You looked into my life and never stopped, and You're thinking all my thoughts are so simple but so beautiful. and You recite my words right back to me before i even speak . You let me know, i am understood. and sometimes i spend my time just trying to escape. i work so hard, so desperately, in an attempt to create space. cause i want distance from the utmost important thing i know. i see Your love, then turn my back, and beg for You to go. You're the only one who understands completely. You're the only one who knows me yet still loves (me) completely. and sometimes the place i'm at is at a loss of words. if i think of something worthy, i know that it is already Yours. and through the times i've faded and You've outlined me again. You've just patiently waited, to bring me back and then, the noise has broken my defense. let me embrace salvation. Your voice has broken my defense. let me embrace salvation.
-I Am Understood? Relient K