Saturday, February 12, 2005

ALL my old blog posts

heh, I'm doing the craziest thing. republishing all those old blog posts that I deleted before. I really don't why I deleted them all, whatever. Now I want to republish them all in this post, because I need them to be a part of my blog. LOL. So you guys don't have to read this post at all. heh, I don't know if I WANT you guys to read it. :P
So here I go. this will be one LONG post. :P
I was so different back then. :P And sorry if the formatting is all weird as well, I saved them all, and when I pasted it on my post, it kinda got messed up.
So thanks for cooperating!
Cheers everyone!


Thursday, August 26, 2004
Comments (15) Trackback (0)

I'M IN HOLLAND!!!!!!
Yes, I'm here. The flight was awesome. I LOVE FLYING SOOOOO MUCH! It's so amazing, I can't even describe it. I was very nervous at the beginning though. I think I squeezed Eowyn's hand so hard I could have broken it! But other than that . . . . ^_^ The food wasn't the best ever, but pretty good for a plane I thought. We thought we had lost our luggage, but it came by on that luggage thing after about 15 minutes, and we were so thankful. Holland is such, SUCH a beautiful place. The place we're at now is very pretty. A river about the width of a car and a half runs through the whole city. Just this morning I saw a pack of swans swimming in it, and I ran about a block in my bare feet to take a picture of them so that I could see the "faces". I've already, believe it or not, taken a whole film of pictures! I have twelve, but I think I'll be a bit more careful.That's all I have time for at the moment . . . we're going to go do some sightseeing with the people we're staying with, so I'd better go. I just wanted to let you all know I'm still here, and I really wanted to do a post.I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again, maybe this weekend.Hope you're all doing well!Cho, remember the date we set for phoning? That's still on, at 3:30 PM your time, K? Tell me on a comment if you're not sure it will work out with you or if it's to early, seeing the time and when you're out of school.
posted by Allegro @ 2:19 AM
Saturday, August 21, 2004
Comments (7) Trackback (0)

THOUGHTS, FEELINGS, AND THE WHOLE BIT
Here I am blogging once again. It's seems like a necessity for me these days. I find it very encouraging to go on other people's blogs and see what they have to say, their point of view in this world, and to all, almost "be together" in our thoughts and ideas, and encourage eachother on the road of faith. I'm sure it's difficult for all of us, especially in this day and age, where so much evil swells around us and entices us to live like the people of this world. So it's always nice to have a bit of encouragement from people your age and who believe the same things you do. So really what I'm saying is thank you to everyone, all the bloggers who have made this "blogging" thing come to life and encouraged me in it. When I first got a blog, it's was really neat, and I'm serious, to have someone comment and say "welcome!" or some words of encouragement. So thank you all, and I will sorely miss you guys when I go for my trip, and not being able to see all your wonderful posts, comment, and most of all, do posts everyday myself! *wink*I'd just like to kinda "introduce" a blogger who has started blogging back in July, but never really gets any comments or anything. She is such a wonderful person, a Christian homeschooled girl who lives in Alberta. Her name is Sophia, and I found her on Summer's blog about a week ago, and am I ever glad I did! Please check her blog out! I know she'd love that, to have the same encouragement and stuff from all you wonderful bloggers.My Mom and I went to get some finishing stuff for my trip this morning, like toothpaste, tooth brush holders, gum for chewing on the plane so my ears don't pop, etc. etc. etc. So now I feel a bit more settled since that's all been takem care of. My mom wants to get me almost all packed up tonight, so hopefully that goes OK. Mom and Dad bought me a really cool Roots suitcase, and it's really really big. It's red, and did I say it was really really big? But yeah, that's my story. So that was really exciting. I'm a bit nervous about flying though. Everyone that's talked to me said that they pretty ell love it, but I don't want my ears to pop, and I don't want it to feel like a rollercoaster, and all that stuff that I don't want it to be. But I guess I need to have faith, and know that God knows all my fears and my needs. Even for small things like that I almost feel are way to small and silly to take to God. But I know that I can take everything to Him. Nothing is too small for God. But I just need to remember that sometimes. Have any of you ever been on a plane, and can you tell me your experience?I'll also miss me darling piano in Holland, but I'm packing some photosopied music just in case there happens to be one. I've been emailing a few relatives in Holland, and they said that they don't have too many pianos where they live, but I can try out their organs. I was like, "WOW!" And thinking big, expensive, pipe organs that their offering me to play. Ah, that would be so amazing!I can just see myself staring at the four manual organ thinking, "Now, which one is the one I play on?" Haha. But I was thinking that if there is a piano, the people who brought me there emight want to listen, but I don't know if I really want to play for them, because I might want to have some personal time with the piano, plus I really don't know if I want to play for them. But that's selfish. I don't even know why I said that. I guess I could erase what I just said, but I like to be honest on blogs, and not sound or be fake. So that's that.I'd better stop this post by now. I promise I'll post again Monday, and hopefully Tuesday. I will miss it soooo very much! Sometimes I don't know how I'll cope, but maybe I'll be so busy and happy in Holland I'll forget all about it. *wink* No, I don't think that would ever happen. ^_^Thanks for listening!
posted by Allegro @ 1:09 PM
Friday, August 20, 2004
Comments (10) Trackback (0)

POSTING BECAUSE I WANT TO GET AS MANY IN BEFORE I LEAVE . . .
This post is one of the few before I get on an airplane and fly far far away from home. From all of you wonderful bloggers, from family and music teachers *wink* It's so very happy but so very sad at the same time. It's a funny emotion.Did I tell you all I finally got around to watching Pirates of the Caribbean? It's a good movie, but I didn't get as emotionally attached to it as LOTR. I loved the music on it though, especially the one that's now on Singhey's blog right now. It's such a driving song, it gives me shivers.Tonight I'm heading off to my little sister Aria's little gymnastics competition. It's not a real one, just one that she's competing with against her fellow gymnasts, and her coach is marking them. It should be fun to watch!That's all for now. I'll blog again soon!
posted by Allegro @ 12:36 PM
Thursday, August 19, 2004
Comments (8) Trackback (0)

A POST OF NOTHINGNESS
Hello all you wonderful people! This is a post with really no meaning. I just want to post as much as I can before my big trip. This will probably be one of the last. Sadly. But I really do hope to do some posts on my trip. That would be wonderful.I'm really excited, although sad I have to leave everybody. I want to be with my family, be with some people in their first weeks of highschool, and all that stuff, but this is an experience of a lifetime, as my Mom says. I will enjoy it, I know I will.Cho is coming over tonight. She came over this afternoon too, but she had some practicing to do, so we didn't have a very long time to talk. Tonight we'll do that extensively over our scrapbooking. It should be very enjoyable.That's all. I told you it was pointless. But that's what you can do on blogs, and people still read your posts and comment. That's what I love about you awesome bloggers.I have to go. I'm going to play a game or something with my siblings, because we have so little time together. I love you all deeply, and in His name,Allegro
posted by Allegro @ 2:28 PM
Wednesday, August 18, 2004
Comments (3) Trackback (0)

JESUS YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL
Jesus, bright as the morning starJesus, how can I tell You how beautiful You are to meJesus, song that the angels singJesus, dearer to my heart than anythingSweeter than spring timePurer than sunshineEver my song will beJesus, You're beautiful to meOh Lord, You are so beautifulSo beautiful, so beautiful, so beautifulJesus, You're so beautiful to meWonderful, heavenly, beautifulJesus, you're beautiful to meMorning star, Lord you are, beautiful--------------------------------------------------------------We did a lot of visiting today, and in an hour we're going to do some more visiting up in Woodstock. It should be fun, because the couple we're visiting has a little baby boy, and I love babies. And I'm assuming I'll be called as a baby sitter for the time, so I'm kinda itching to go. I have a piano lesson tomorrow, and I'll see Cho too. We're going to be together for the day, which will be wonderful. I haven't seen her in ages, and I miss her so much! I miss you all so much! I wish I could be with you all adnosium, never ending. That would be bliss! But believe me, this world is far from being perfect. But the day is coming!Miss you all extremely!Signing off,Allegro
posted by Allegro @ 11:27 AM
Tuesday, August 17, 2004
Comments (4) Trackback (0)

O CANADA
Our home and native land . . . . Well, they're doing all right in the Olympics, although only one medal after, I think, four or five days. *sigh* It sometimes gets frustrating. They won their only medal as it stands in synchronized diving, a bronze. I'm waiting for gymnastics to come on tonight. It was supposed to be playing three and a half hours ago, but the TV never seems to stay on schedule. What I really like to watch in the Olympics is the diving, synchro and individual, and gymnastics. Swimming is OK too, but after a while, race after race, it can get a bit boring. I don't really watch the other sports.Someone mentioned to me the other day that I never really thought of before; the Olympics is really a show of man's glory and power. Why would we want to be focusing on that? We're so inadequate, so not powerful. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a day, or even as long as the Olympics, focused on God's glory? Those are my thoughts for the day. I have to get moving and see if gymnastics is on. Don't want o miss that. I've waited forever.In an ending though,Psalm 24:7-10Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in.Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, The Lord mighty in battle.Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in.Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts,He is the King of glory.New King James Version
posted by Allegro @ 6:42 PM
Monday, August 16, 2004
Comments (11) Trackback (0)

THOUGHTS
Yesterday my family went to a church that our friend is a pastor of. The night service was more of a Bible Study, but it was a talk that really made me think and search deep inside. I'm not going to type out all the points.The Bible Study was called,Contemplating a Fading RealityGod alone is worthy of worship.What God wants matters most.God values people over things.Life is best with an "above the sun" perspective.The two last points he preached on, but I'll type the first one out as well. Within the points there are little points.1. Do I truly worship God alone?When was the last time I confessed sin with a broken heart?Do I spend time hearing from Him (reading and meditating in His word)?Do I make corporate worship a high priority in my life?Does my heart respond to the wonder of His grace?Does "God time" feel like an imposition or a taste of heaven on earth?Is there anyone, or anything in my life that, if lost to me, would cause me to turn my back on God?3. Do I Value People Over Things? (John 4:32 and context)Where do I derive my greatest sense of personal satisfaction?Well, for me, Allegro, that would be maybe finishing a big project, or having friends over for a sleepover, but from God? Spending time with Him? It should always be from Him. But that's not always how I live my life.If you think about it, all of us on this earth are so ungrateful! Jesus died for us, the Father has bestowed his grace upon us, and we actually have the nerve to not spend time with Him and spend it on something else! But say you love to have friends over and strengthen your relationships, that's not a bad thing in itself. But making it your "idol" say, and and letting it overpower your personal time with the Lord, that's a different story.Does it matter to me that people around me are going to hell?Do I pray regularly for opportunities to share Christ's love and hope?Now, that's kinda what struck me too. I'm maybe a little shy when it comes to that. The Pastor last night told a story about a man, I can't exactly remember his name, but he saw a man laying in the gutters, dirty, rugged, unshaven, and he helped this man out and said to him, "God has something better for you than this." Now that's what I call courage.Am I actively looking for ways in which I can aid in the sending of the Good News?Do I spend money for the benifit of others? How broad is the circle?Are my close relationships healthy? Would God agree? Would they?Is anyone "beneath me?"4. Am I enjoying the good things of a transitory world with ym eyes firmly foxed on the Giver and His eternal realm? (James 1:17; Deut 8:6; Matt 6:25-34)Do I percieve all good things as gifts from One who loves me?Do I understand that these gifts are expressions of love and tenderness from Someone who enjoys giving them because of His love for me?Is the giver a bigger deal than the gift?This time he talked about, as a little understanding story, Christmas. The gift isn't the thing. It's the relationship with the giver that matters. He said it a lot better than I am, but I think you understand what I mean.Do I feel hard done by if the Giver chooses to "under bless" me in comparison to others?Do I have a hard time passing on the blessings? Those are just some things that really got me thinking. And I think for me, it all comes back to my pride and my selfishness. And that's not the easiest thing to say for anybody. All the little things, just some of my comments reflecting what he said last night, I might not have said in the best way or a way people could understand me, but I think you guys know what I mean.To end this post off, I thought I'd put some lyrics on from a praise song called "Above All"."Above all powers, above all kings,Above all nature and all created things;Above all wisdom and all the ways of man,You were here before the world began.Above al kingdoms, above all thrones,Above all wonders the world has ever known;Above all wealth and treasures of the earth,There's no way to measure what you're worth.Crucified, laid behind the stone;You lived to die, rejected and alone;Like a rose, trampled on the ground,You took the fall and thought of meAbove All."
posted by Allegro @ 5:04 AM
Sunday, August 15, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

COMMENTS AREN'T WORKING!
All the blogger comments are taking so long to load! So sorry to everyone whose comments I'm not comenting on! Hopefully my computer will start acting properly soon. *cough*I will do the long post I promised soon. Cho is back too! Yipee! ^_^
posted by Allegro @ 2:23 PM
Saturday, August 14, 2004
Comments (4) Trackback (0)

CHO IS COMING HOME, AND A NEW BLOGGER
Cho is coming home today from her holidays! I'm ecstatic! I haven't seen her in ever and ever, and I've missed her so very much!And a new blogger, my cousin,Eowyn She has been a faithful commentor on everyone's blog, and she's really excited to get one! Please add her to your links and check her blog out!Today we have a big family reunion at my house, about 50-60 people are going to be here. So it's going to be quite the, ahem, reunion. It should be fun though, seeing all kinds of relatives.I miss you all so much! I wish we could all have a big blogger get together, and EVERYONE could come, from everywhere. Sometimes I get so depressed without you guys. The lyrics from the song a couple posts down describe how I feel!Love ya all!
posted by Allegro @ 7:02 AM
Friday, August 13, 2004
Comments (3) Trackback (0)

A NEW BLOGGER . . .
Welcome toEowynmy cousin. You all probably know her already, she has been and is a faithful commentor. She is really excited to get a blog, and I think you should all welcome her into this awesome atmosphere of blogging! Check her blog out!Just in case my link doesn't work, because it never does, her site iswww.noevil.blogspot.comSigning off,Allegro
posted by Allegro @ 4:41 PM
Wednesday, August 11, 2004
Comments (9) Trackback (0)

EVERY MINUTE
I am long on staying, I am slow to leaveEspecially when it comes to you my friend.You have taught me to slow down, and to prop up my feet;It's the finw art of being who I am.And I can't figure out why you want me aroundI'm not the smartest person I have ever met.But somehow that doesn't matter, no it never really mattered to you at all.~And at the risk of wearing out my welcome, at the risk of self discovery,I'll talk every moment and every minute that you'll give me.And I can think of a time when families all lived together,Four generations in one house;And the table was full of good food,And frienda and neighbours;That's how we like it now.~And at the risk of wearing out my welcome, at the risk of self discovery,I'll take every moment and every minute that you'll give me.And I wish all the people I loved the most could gather in one place,And know each other and love each other well.And I wish we could all go camping and lay beneath the stars,And have nothing to do and stories to tell.We'd sit around the campfire and we'd make eachother laugh remembering when.You're the first one I'm inviting, always know that you're invited my friend.~And at the risk of wearing out my welcome, at the risk of self discovery,I'll take every moment and every minute that you'll give me.Every moment and every minute that you'll give me.Every moment and every minute that you'll give me.EVERY MINUTE.Those are some song lyrics from an album from a Christian singer named Sara Groves. I edited it a bit though. I'll blog again soon! Hope all your holidays are going well!
posted by Allegro @ 4:16 PM
Saturday, August 07, 2004
Comments (20) Trackback (0)

TOURING GODERICH . . . .
On Thursday, a couple days ago, my family and I went to tour Goderich. It was really cool! The town is about an hour, hour and ahalf away from where I live, and they call themselves the prettiest town in Ontario.We went to the tour information center first, then headed off to the Historic Gaol Site, which was really neat to see. It was an old jail that they used to hold prisoners in, and sometimes it was a bit scary walking in the cells and thinking, "This is where a real criminal was!" Well, criminal. They had some "criminals" stories on how they got to jail on the walls, and some of them were "stealing maple syrup" and "using profane language." Profane language? How many people would be in jail now a days on that crime?Next we went to the Historic Museum. Some museums can get really boring, but the way this one was set out and the interesting things in it were great to keep even Aria interested! There were some really weird things in there though, like a preserved eight legged kitten. I'm not kidding, It had been preserved since 1958 in a bottle. And stuffed, with the real thing around all the stuffing, two headed and two tailed calves. So that was a little gruesome.Those were some of the highlights. We went out for icecream and lunch too, and walked along Goderich's nice beach. We took some really nice posed pictures there too.hppening in my life. Yesterday I saw Cho, for the last time, well, almost. She'll be gone for a week camping. Then I'll be home for a week packing and stuff, then I'll be gone for fur weeks, then she'll be in school! I'm so sad . . . . so many emotions flowing out of my heart. Plus me being all sad that I can't see all of you more often. You'll have to cheer me up!That's all for now folks!Cheers!
posted by Allegro @ 7:40 AM
Tuesday, August 03, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

BOOKS . . .
I'm reading this awesome book right now, called One Tuesday Morning, by Karen Kingsbury. It's a novel story about the 9/11 attacks on the Twin Towers. It is such a sad book!The story centers around two families. The one family consists of Jake and Jamie Bryan, with their little daughter, Sierra. Jake is a firefighter in New York City, and Jamie, his wife, and constantly scared about him getting hurt.Eric and Laura Michaels, with their son, Josh, are the other family. Eric is a business man who never takes the time to be with his wife and son . . . he always has too many meetings and stock decisions.You're probably wondering why the book is sad though; Jamie Bryan is not a Christian, and Jake is praying desperately for her that she will turn to the Lord.Laura is basically a single Mom, because her husband is never home. She's devastated, and her son is heart broken. I can't really describe the book very well, but I would recommend it. I'm almost in the middle of it now, and it's getting more sad and interesting by the page!This week we're supposed to be on holidays up near Muskoka, but my whole family felt like we just wanted to stay home. Hangin' out, relaxing, swimming in the pool, reading, tanning . . . that kinda stuff. I did get a lovely tan yesterday. I did accomplish something! ^_^This morning my family went out for breakfast. Was it ever yummy! We had the buffet, and there was everything: eggs, french toast, pancakes, muffins, all kinds of sausages, salads, bacon, everything. I was stuffed when we walked out of there!I have to finish this post up . . . I have an eye appointment in about 20 minutes, so I have to run.Sorry to all the people who can't get to uniformgurl's blog . . . I'll have to do something about that.Got to go! I'll edit my profile too guys!Cheers!
Saturday, July 31, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

NEW BLOGGER . . . AND A REMINDER OF AN OLD ONE . . .
I would like to welcome my younger sister . . .
ARIA
to the blogging world! She got a blog just for fun, and won't post all the time. Go to her blog and you can read all about that! ^_^In case you can't get to her blog, because sometimes my links mess up, her blog address iswww.ariassong.blogspot.com
Just a reminder about another new blogger
uniformgurl
Please welcome these new bloggers into the blogging atmosphere!
posted by Allegro @ 10:34 AM
Friday, July 30, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

NEW TEMPLATE . . .
I'm trying to get a new template everyone, so bear with me as I try to figure things out. I don't like my blog now, I think it's kinda ugly, so I'm getting a new one. It's kinda scary actually pushing the button for your "new template", but I think I have enough courage. ^_^ What I am wondering though is if you can keep your haloscan comments with the new templates. I hope so! But I want a new template if I can or can't, so here I go . . . Just to remind everyone about the new blogger, uniformgurl She's a friend from my church. Please go to her blog, it's totally worth it, and welcome her into the blogging world! In case my link doesn't work, here is her website. www.uniformgurl.blogspot.com I'll talk to you guys later! Cheers! (I like that word!)
posted by Allegro @ 4:27 PM
Thursday, July 29, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

STORYBOOK GARDENS . . .AND A NEW BLOGGER . . .
I'd like to welcome a new blogger to the blogger atmosphere! Uniformgurl
She is a friend who goes to my church, a Christian highschooled young lady, and she has an awesome blog! Check it out!
Yep, that's where I went today. I think when I was smaller, going there, that everything seemed bigger, better, etc. . . , but now that I'M bigger, it's not as "WOW!" anymore. Lots of the special places are gone now, like "tweedle-dum and tweedle-dee", the cool "acting place", and some of the other things things I always though were amazing when I was little. It's been renovated though, so maybe that's the problem. But enough talk on that . . . . I can't do scrapbooking at the moment, because I've run out of pages and page protectors, so I have to call a Creative Memories consultant to see if she can get me some so I can get back at it! That's all for now bloggers! Talk to you's all later!
posted by Allegro @ 1:19 PM
Wednesday, July 28, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Hello high speed internet! We have it now, and it's so exciting! Well, we have it for now, the computer man isn't sure if we can keep it or if it will stay. It's kinda complicated. Anyways, the high speed, you're always online, and you can be on the phone at the same time! I know you guys probably know all this already, because I'm sure you all have high speed, but it's exciting! What else has been happening . . . . nothing really. I have a piano lesson tonight, which means I will be able to see Cho, which is awesome! I haven't seen her in like a week, and that was depressing. I've been doing lots of scrapbooking, and I'm now up to date! I just started this month. I want to do my baby years some day, but that would take a lot, I don't know if I'll ever get it done. And I'm going to Storybook Gardens tomorrow! With my mom, Jessica, and some other people. I love Storybook, I haven't been there in the longest time! I say to most people I'm goingt to help with some of the small kids that will be going to us, but you know . . . . yes, weird me I suppose. But it will be exciting! That's all for now! Cheers!
posted by Allegro @ 12:40 PM
Monday, July 26, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GODBE STILL AND KNOWBE STILLBE
posted by Allegro @ 5:51 AM
Saturday, July 24, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

My family and I are working through the book of Matthew for our family reading time. A couple nights ago we read the passage on the fig tree withered and the lesson of that (Matthew 21:18-22), things actually done and said by Jesus. The fig tree withered 18 Now in the morning, as He returned to the city, He was hungry. 19 And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, "Let no fruit grow on you ever again." Immediately the fig tree withered away. Now think on that for a second. The fig tree withered immediately away. That's like saying to the big maple tree on the front of the lawn, "No leaves will grow on you ever again!" And the leaves would wilt, just like that! That's amazing! It's shows us how powerful God really is. The lesson of the withered fig tree 20 And when the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, "How did the fig tree wither away so soon?" 21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also you of you say to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' it will be done. 22 "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." That passage is hard to understand, for me anyways. I got out a Matthew Henry commentary of this, and it said a couple things. Here they are. "Note, Doubting of the power and the promise of God is the great thing that spoils the efficacy and success of faith." "If ye shall say to this mountain, meaning the mount of Olives, Be thou removed, it shall be done. There might be a particular reason for His saying so of this mountain, for there was a prophecy, that the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem, should cleave in the midst, and then remove, Zechariah 14:4 Whatever was the inent of that word, the same must be the expectation of faith, how impossible soever it night appear to sense. But this is a proverbial expression; intimating that we are to believe that nothing is impossible with God, and therefore that what He has promised shall certainly be performed, though to us it seem impossible." I thought that was interesting. I think it's amazing, and like the disciples, we should just fall down in awe before Him. Those were my thoughts on today. Now I'll get back to my housecleaning and hopefully to swimming this afternoon! Thanks for reading this post!
posted by Allegro @ 11:00 AM
Tuesday, July 20, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

I thought I'd do this post about how I got introduced to blogs, who named me, and stuff like that. Well, Cho was the first person to tell me about blogs. I started visiting her blog and Singhey's! blog, and started getting to others as well. Before that, Singhey! had named me Allegro. She also named my little sister, who is known as Aria. I thought I'd tell you all what Allegro means, and I did have a lengthy definition of it, but it has seemed to disappear on me. Thus became the boring definition that I could find of allegro. Allegro: Quick, lively, rapid and cheerful. After a while I knew that I needed to get a blog. That happened, with Cho helping me, I being so ignorant about blogs at the time. We had the template, layout, etc. all figured out (after about 2 hours, right Cho? ^_^) and we were wondering about a name. After thinking about that part of it for a while, Gil Galad, who was at my houe to visit with Feanor, all of a sudden said, "Why don't you call it make noise, because that was a camp that you went to. That's a cool name!" So that was it. I really liked it too, so thus came the beginning of my blogging life, and I'm so happy that I found blogging, because I have met so many wonderful, Christian people. Awesome friends, that I could be close to. That is the story. What else has been happening? Well, this week my little sister Aria is at horse camp, and she's having a blast! She did a horse study this year, and she was so exciting about going! She is amazing, let me add . . . . ^_^ Cho is at dance camp this week, and she will be sleeping over a couple of nights, due to the fact that her parents are gone. So that should be fun, though I miss seeing her during the day. I have been doing normal summer holiday things, like swimming in our pool, scrapbooking, sleepovers with friends, and blogging, of course. I have also had to continue some schoolwork. which I do not enjoy fully, but it stills needs to be done. I am continuing music lessons through the summer too. That's basically my life right now. Getting ready for my big trip to Europe at the end of August also. It is overwhelming at times though, because of all the insurance, things you need to pack, etc. that you need to get ready . . . . there's so much! I'll be going for almost four weeks, so it's not just a little three day trip or anything. Don't worry, I will still be able to blog and email, because we're going to relatives houses, who have computers, so it will be all good. Well, I do have to go now. Someone needs the phone in my family. Soon we will not have this problem though, because we're getting high speed internet come Monday. YES! Signing off, Allegro
posted by Allegro @ 9:30 AM
Friday, July 09, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

I'm sitting here now with my Tim Horton's hot chocolate and thinking of the awesome memories of this past weeks Strings Camp. Great times had by all! Some of the best things were playing all together, of course, and playing euchre. I also used a digital camera today, my first time ever, and took some pictures of the campers playing hockey. They turned out really nice! I was very pleased! ^_^ It was an amazing week, with some bad times, but I only count the shining hours. That's a line or something from a poem. It's amazing what can just pop into your head!That's basically what has happened to me this week! Strings Camp and more Strings Camp! Last night we had our week accomplishment concert, and it went really well! We had a huge program, and it was so much fun! It's really amazing what you can put all together in just four days! I don't think I'm doing anything tomorrow . . . maybe some house cleaning and stuff. Not sure yet. I'll probably do some relaxing and sleeping, because I've had such a busy week. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!Cheers!
posted by Allegro @ 2:43 PM
Tuesday, July 06, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Hello everyone!Strings Camp this week is going great! Sometimes it's a bit frustrating though. Frustrating directed to some of the other cello players, who (well, some of them)butthey really suck)with other cellos not practicing their quartet parts when you know them, and then you have to practice it with them, which is REALLY annoying, because you already know it really well! OK, that was a LONG run on sentence, but who cares. I don't really care at the moment . . .But other than that, Strings Camp is awesome! We are playing a ton of awesome music, from rock to classical, canons to blues, etc. It's so awesome, especially playing in an environment like this one. It's so special and exciting!The rest of this post is going to be directed to people, since I don't have time to email everybody or go on there blogs, so sorry about that!Cho: How I need you right now! To tell you all my woes! I'll call you. I need someone to listen to me. And, you never feel like going ot Strings Camp *sobs* and it wouldn't be more expensive really, because you could pay the family rate, right? Actually, never mind . . . Summer: Yes, I did meet Laura! It was so awesome! She is amazing. Just so everyone knows, Laura is Maylea's friend. Summer, I'll talk to you soon . . . So sorry that I coulsn't make it to the barbecue! I feel so bad! btw, I played a song arranged for the piano a while nack that was a mandolin concerto by Vivaldi. As soon as I saw mandolin, I thought of you.Singhey!: I can't get used to calling you Andrea! ^_^ Hope your life is going well, I haven't emailed you . . . I don't know what's going on in your life! I'll have to call you soon . . . I have to call everyone!Maylea: Is your computer virus done yet?! I'm missing you so much! Hope to talk to you soon! Can you give me Laura's email address?Shimmer: Thanks so much for commenting on my blog so faithfully! Sorry I can't come to your blog any time soon . . . I'm really busy this week! Your music camp sounds amazing! When I call Summer, I'll talk to you too! That will be cool!Alena: PLease visit my blog soon! It's awesome emailing you . . . I have to get your phone number . . . That's as long as I have today guys! Sorry if I missed anyone! Please tell me and I will do a comment to you instead! Sorry about that!And (please listen to my woes) I am still struggling with this terrible cough, which is driving me nuts. I take my medication when I'm supposed to, but I still cough, and if I take anymore medicine, I'll be majorly overdosed with puffers and cough medicine and allergy preventitives, which you could basically call drugs.Well, enough of my blabberings . . . I'll leave now!See you guys probably after my camp is done!
posted by Allegro @ 5:54 PM
Saturday, July 03, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

I just got back from the wedding I was playing at with my Mom, and it went really well! I played the piano, and my mom played the organ, and a lady from our church played the flute for some of our songs! It was really awesome! I also went to the park where the bride and groom and all the rest of those people were taking pictures. I took some pictures myself, and I do hope they turn out OK! My Dad was video taping the wedding, so I went with him. Right now my Mom and Dad are at the reception. I wish I could be there too! After all, the lady who was getting married, who younger sister is one of my good friends, so why not? Plus I did the music, but o well! *longing sigh*On Monday we start Strings Camp! We, that is, Gil Galad, Aria, Feanor, and I. No Cho, all though she could have! It's very sad that she's not coming. *sob* But I'm so excited! It should be a lot of fun! This is my second year doing it, and I will be playing the cello. I CANNOT WAIT!Also, I did get music on my blog, but it doesn't seem to be working! I haven't even heard it yet, which is really sad! If anyone can hear, or if you CAN'T hear it, please let me know! Thanks!Just a reminder that there is a website called . . . www.faithfulgirls.com. . . that should be very interesting. It is not on the web yet, but I have a book from the two ladies that are doing this website, one girl 17, the other her mother. The daughter wrote a book called "Journey's In faithfulness", and it is a devotional for girls, and it has stories about all the Godly women in the Bible. It is an awesome book, and I recommend it to everyone. I will expectantlywait for the website to come on . . . I hope it does soon . . . That's all for now! I think I'll go for a swim! Talk to you guys later!http://www.faithfulgirls.comhttp://www.faithfulgirls.com
posted by Allegro @ 2:15 PM
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

I just got back from the wedding I was playing at with my Mom, and it went really well! I played the piano, and my mom played the organ, and a lady from our church played the flute for some of our songs! It was really awesome! I also went to the park where the bride and groom and all the rest of those people were taking pictures. I took some pictures myself, and I do hope they turn out OK! My Dad was video taping the wedding, so I went with him. Right now my Mom and Dad are at the reception. I wish I could be there too! After all, the lady who was getting married, who younger sister is one of my good friends, so why not? Plus I did the music, but o well! *longing sigh*On Monday we start Strings Camp! We, that is, Gil Galad, Aria, Feanor, and I. No Cho, all though she could have! It's very sad that she's not coming. *sob* But I'm so excited! It should be a lot of fun! This is my second year doing it, and I will be playing the cello. I CANNOT WAIT!Also, I did get music on my blog, but it doesn't seem to be working! I haven't even heard it yet, which is really sad! If anyone can hear, or if you CAN'T hear it, please let me know! Thanks!Just a reminder that there is a website called . . . www.faithfulgirls.com. . . that should be very interesting. It is not on the web yet, but I have a book from the two ladies that are doing this website, one girl 17, the other her mother. The daughter wrote a book called "Journey's In faithfulness", and it is a devotional for girls, and it has stories about all the Godly women in the Bible. It is an awesome book, and I recommend it to everyone. I will expectantly wait for the website to come on . . . I hope it does soon . . . That's all for now! I think I'll go for a swim! Talk to you guys later!
Monday, June 28, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

I'm doing the first part of this post in a waiting state. Recently a lady from our church had a blood clot in her brain, and she is in serious condition. I would just like to ask everyone to pray for her and her family. Thanks so much. Well, what has been happening in my life. Today I had my last swimming lesson, and my brother and sister had a violin lesson. I don't have cello lessons for a while, until Strings Camp, which is in the middle of July. This Saturday I have to do the music, with my Mom, for my friend's oldest sister's wedding. It should be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to it, and I hope it all goes well.Also, because I haven't blogged in a while, I'd like to welcome the new bloggers, even though everyone knows them, I still think I should announce them. WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL BLOGGING ATMOSPHERE! I will just give the names, because I don't exactly know how to link them (help Summer!!!!), but here they are:Entwife, an ever faithful commentor and an awesome Christian young lady.Eldaglin, one of Singhey's friends, who has an awesome blog. Check it out!The Queen, an awesome new blogger who is a wonderful commentor to other people's blogs and is an wonderful person!Shinkou, who got a blog a while ago, but I haven't introduced him yet. He is also new in our community, and has a cool blog. PLease check it out!Mustang, a wonderful person with a wonderful blog!PLease check these blogs out everyone! It will be well worth your time! Sorry that I couldn't link them! Please go to the links at the side of my page! ^_^Is anyone watching the election tonight? My family is, and I've been keeping quite a close watch on the progressions of the campaigns and stuff, well, more than usual, so I'd better get to the watching that TV right away! Talk to you later!
posted by Allegro @ 6:31 PM
Saturday, June 19, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

I was thinking the other day about the Trinity and how God is three persons in one. It's so hard to understand! It shows us that God is so infinite and beyond our understanding. Back to the Trinity though. When I read about Jesus dying on the cross or the story about Jesus being baptised by John the Baptist, when the dove came down (The Holy Spirit) and God (The Father) talked from heaven above, I always seclude the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to three different persons. It is so hard to imagine! What an amazing God!Another hard thing to understand and to even process in our heads is the concept of eternity. When you think about when God comes back and takes His own to be with Him forever, then that word "for eternity", you try to think of heaven and being with Jesus going on and never stopping, but you can't! It's too holy and infinite for our minds. The same with God being forever, the beginning and the end. I mean, now that's amazing. I always try to think, "Well, how could He get here? There was no other people, like a mother or father, so how?" God being the Alpha and Omega is such an awesome concept! Awesome in the way that it is too hard for us imperfect beings to understand.It goes to show you that our God really is an awesome God!
posted by Allegro @ 10:46 AM
Thursday, June 17, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

OK . . . what to do . . . You see, I was going to call Maylea tonight. I was so excited about calling her and hearing her voice, but my Mom said I had to finish a Math test and then do one more Math test. So off I go, working diligently, so that I can call Maylea sooner. I also thought, "Why not call Summer too?" So I was all excited. Almost an hour later and some depressing things in my Math pursuits (including looking at the wrong test and doing about five questions from test I had already done) I started thinking about what I was going to talk to Maylea about. A couple Math questions later I thought that it would be cool for me to talk about her meeting Summer and Kaffeine. Then I thought, "hey, that was today!" Then a sad thought came. I realized that I couldn't call Summer or Maylea, because it was Maylea's grad, and Summer was at the grad! So I was all sad, althought it probably doesn't sound sad to you guys . . . but those are the happenings of tonight.I'm going to end this post with some talk about my music.MY MUSIC What shoudl I say. Well, my brother (Feanor) got a saxophone, which, belive me, makes a VERY loud noise, and which is driving me bonkers, especially right now. He is playing the lous instrument in the same room that I am typing this. Actually, he's been playing it for the last half an hour, with ever so often exclaims that he has "found it! I found the note!" I'm excited for him though. But I do hopr he practices in the back shed form now on.I had my last voice lesson today, which was kinda sad. It didn't go very well, first of all because of my allergies, and because I was up really late the night before and I had to get up early and sing early in the morning. Not the perfect dream for a singer. And I guess that bagle that was piled with cream cheese that I ate that morning didn't help either! ^_^Well, that's all for now! I will probably blog again on the weekend!Have a great rest of the week! ^_^
posted by Allegro @ 5:27 PM
Saturday, June 12, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Hello, and hurray! My ban on blogs is done! I asked my Mom about it, and she said that I can blog, everyday if I wanted to, if I got my cello practice, piano practice, and a lesson of Math done each day! I'm so happy that I can now blog again! Thank you all for keeping commenting, and for still coming on my blog, and being such awesome friends! THE concert is tonight! WOWNESS! It will be awesoem! And some blogger friends are coming to, and after we'll party and stuff, and it will be awesome! I so can't wait!These last couple days . . . what have I been doing? Well, math (notice the NONE capitol) and music lessons, practicing, schoolwork, and yeah! That's basically all! I have still been emailing (thank you to everyone who kept emailing me back) and I have had fun doing that, especially emailing blogger friends for the first time, and meeting them more. Not a very interesting life, but full of fun!And Cho and I had a sleepover, what was it, three weeks ago? I haven't been blogging for that long! SHAME ON ME!That's all for now! Sorry that I have nothing really interesting to say, I just needed to blog! I'm so happy!I was seriously depressed when I couldn't go on blogs. It was like a piece of my life had not been there. Talk about this blog being emotional, man!So I can't wait till tonight, and I'll see some of you tonight, and it will be awesome!Talk to you later!
Monday, May 31, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

I'd like to welcome a new little person into the world today! One of my Mom's best friends had a baby girl today. It is very exciting because thsi couple thought they would never have children, and now they have two! They also have an older boy. CONGRATS!I'd also like to invite everyone to a concert that I will be performing in (so will Cho, Feanor, and Gil Galad) on June 12, 2004. It will be awesome! I know Cho already told everyone on her blog, but I thought I would too! I hope lots of you can come!That's all for today folks!
posted by Allegro @ 1:55 PM
Friday, May 28, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

I am dedicating this post to my awesome friend Cho. She is so amazing, and I'm so glad I have her as a friend. I have known her since I started piano lessons with her Mom, and our friendship has gone so far! You have inspired me, and you are the one who introduced me to blogs, which I am so thankful about. I have met so many people through you, and I thank you so much! Here are some song lyrics that I am dedicating to you.I WILL BE YOUR FRIENDSo many memories and so many milesThe road that stretches behind usWe've had some laughter and our share of tearsCh. I'll be your friend for a lifetimeAgainst the wind and the rain of every seasonWon't walk away in the hard timesI will be your friendsI'm saying I will be your friendSure as the river runs to the seaHigh as the mountain that reachesYou were there by my side till the endAnd helped me on my feet againSo in the valley walk onDon't have to face it aloneCause in the hard timesWe keep growing strongAs we learn as we liveAs we live when we giveCh. I'll be your friend for a lifetimeAgainst the wind and the rain of every seasonWon't walk away in the hard timesI will be your friendI'm saying I will be your friend.I love you Cho! You're a great friend!
posted by Allegro @ 1:43 PM
Friday, May 21, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Message From The Pastby Alida DroogendykSonya studied the sheet of music that her piano teacher ahd given her, a Mozart concerto. She began to practice, picking her way through the difficult parts. The afternoon sun shone through the open window besie her, making the piano gleam. Absorbed in the music - where it sped up, where it softened - all crescending to the finale.After half an hour, she took a deep breath, flexed her fingers, and turned to the first page. Mozart's concerto began, rippling through the room. It reached her mother, stopped her and made her forget the dust rag clutched in her right hand. The msuic soothed her mind, caught up with the laundry, the cake in the oven, the Bible Study that evening.It poured out of the house and down the street. An old man, walking his dog, stopped to listen. The music touched a forgotten memory, and he was carried back into an army barrack and his best friend bent over an off-tune piano. He remembered the soldier with a crooked and a love for adventure. But who could not escape the anti-aircraft fire that destroyed his plane, his life, and whatever could have been.The neighbure who was pulling weeds from the flowerbed, sat listening. That morning she had sat down and talked divorce with her husband. Calmy, as thought their marriage had been a phase, not a life-long commitment.Sonya reached the finale, and the tempo sped up. The music became urgent, pleading for action, decision, purpose. It grew until it overcame everything but the message it sent its listener.And then it ceased.Sonya's mother returned to her dusting, rejuvenated. She knew her duties were no chore, but an opportunity from God to show her love.The old man continued his walk, comforted. He wiped a tear from his wrinkled cheek, but he smiled as he did. He was gald he had known that soldier, and called him friend.The neighbour tackled the next weed, resolved. She wouldn't give up yet on the vows she had made.Sonya sat, still entranced by the sounds that seemed to flowon. A message from the past had broken through in her heart - a message about beauty, hope, and a longing for God. And she passed it on.Have you?
posted by Allegro @ 2:17 PM
Wednesday, May 19, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

I just thought I'd put this little thing on my blog, although I don't know why, because it's kinda weird, but O well, because I feel like it, and here it is . . . If Mrs. Fortune had a daughter, wouldn't her daughter be Miss Fortune?Haha you say! Anyways, I'm in a weird mood as you can tell, and now I'll tell you (happy mood) what I got for my recital, presents wise!Well, I got a charm bracelet and an I love to dance charm, and I got a flower from Miss Jaqueline and a flower from my Dad, and from Cho I got a really nice card and a Jelly-Belly jelly beans! Ok. That sounded weird. (Weird mood again.)So, what has been happening in your lives? Why am I asking that? I'm talking like I do in emails, but hello me, your on blogs, not emails! Excuse myself . . . (sad mood.)Anyways, hope everyone has a nice rest of the week doing schoolwork (even sadder mood) and doing all your activities (perks up a bit). (P.S. I am not this moody usually!:))
posted by Allegro @ 6:42 AM
Friday, May 14, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Hello hello and another hello! I'm so happy and hyper and relieved and sad and excited and all kinds of other stuff at the same time! Here's my story . . . First and happiest of all is that I'm actuallydone, yes that's right, DONE my Music History exam! What a relief! It went really well! It wasn't the hardest exam, but it wasn't the easiest either! It's kinda hard to explain! One thing that I was really bummed out and mad about was that they had terms on the exam that you didn't even have to know! So that was kinda sad, and the saddest thing of all was that I accidently skipped a question! Yes, I am VERY, VERY sad! It was totally by accident, and that's 5 marks down the drain! WOE IS ME! But other than that, it was awesome! AND I"M DONE!Tonight our homeschool group had a program, so that was all nice and fun! And tomorrow is my ballet recital! My first ever! I'm sooooooo excited! My day is really busy, and it will go like this. I wake up in the morning, and I have ballet rehearsel all morning. Then I come home, take a shower, and get ready to go to Cho's ballet recital, which I still have tp plan all out, and then after that, Cho will stay with me, do my bunn, and then we'll go to my recital! It will be soooooo awesome!And this new blogger thing! Still getting used to it and seeing all the new stuff and buttons and so on and so forth . . .Well, that's all for now! Really, I could go on forever and ever about what's happening in my life, but that would take way to long, so I will now go! Have an awesome weekend everyone!
posted by Allegro @ 10:40 PM
Friday, May 07, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Hello everyone!I have to blog more . . . . but, yes, I'm sorry to burden you guys with this, I am only aloud to blog on the weekends until my Math is caught up! But please everyone, I hope you guys will still comment on my blog! My blog seems so dead these days!I have soooo many ideas that I want to put on my blog, but I can't make my posts too long, other wise people don't always read them,which is sad! But here are oen of my many things that I want to put on my blog . . . . let me go get the book that it is in . . . . I'll be back . . . . EEWWWW! I was just in my kitchen, getting this book, and there was a big, FAT ant crawling on the floor fast! Anyways, here is the idea.MOMENT OF ETERNITYJust imagine eternity as this. I give you a small and tell you that you have a special job to do. You must fill your bucket with salty ocean water and pour it into a dam near by. It only takes about ten minutes to get a bucketful and tip it into the reservoir. This means you empty 144 buckets full of water each day, 1,008 each week, and 52,416 each year. Now when you have totally emptied the oceans and seas of their water, you have just started the first moment of eternity!Pretty amazing, huh?I have to go now, and study some Music History! My exam is next week Friday, a week away! I'm pretty nervous, but as Cho says, we just have to do the best we can!See ya everyone!
posted by Allegro @ 2:28 PM
Saturday, May 01, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Hi everyone! I'm at the OCHEC conference RIGHT NOW! Singhey and Summer found some computers! We are having such an awesome time! But Summer and Singhey want to go! So I'll see you guys later We wish all of you guys were here! We are having an awesome time!
Saturday, April 24, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Hello everyone! I'm back to blogging, and I'm soooooo happy about it!What has been happening in my life . . . tons of things! It might not seem a lot to you guys, but it certainly keeps me busy! I have my Bronze Bedalion (swimming class) exam this Wednesday, or it might be next Wednesday! The only thing is that you have to be 13 to take the exam, and of course I'm only 12, so that's a bummer! Mom's gonna talk to the exam people though, so hopefully, hopefully . . . What has been happening in your lives? Probably lots of stuff . . . and OH! One big thing that happened to me was last Saturday I had my first ballet exam! It went really well! Now I have to focus on my ballet recital, which is in about three weeks! The funny thing is that Cho's ballet recital is the same day as mine! Of all things! So it will be a busy day for both of us, especially getting to eachother's recitals all in one day! The other thing is that, the Friday before both of our recitals is our Gr.3 History Exam! I'm studying a lot for that too! That will be one BUSY BUSY weekend!Thanks so much everyone for commenting even when I wasn't here! You guys are awesome! I value your friendships!I have ballet this morning, and I hope it goes well! As I said already, we're finishing up recital dances! My class is almost done there dance, and that's pretty good for a half an hour!Another VERY happy thing that's happening to me is that next week Saturday, I will be singing at a homeschool conference, and it's in Ancaster! And Singhey is going to be there, and I can't wait to see her! The other good thing about this conference is that I get to go to all the highschool stuff, which is s cool thing, seeing that I'm not in highschool! So it will be a blast!Well, I'd better end at that! My family has to sing in two concerts today, and that will be really busy! We also sang at a concert last night! It was a dinner called Right to Life! The organization tries to prevent abortion! It's a really great cause! Did you knwo that oevr 100,000 babies are aborted every year?! And 40,000 of those happen in Ontario! Ir's very sad, and I myself would like to stop this! The speaker last ngith was very interesting! She herself was adopted, and might have been aborted my her mother, because this lady was a product a rape. Her story was very interesting!Did I say I have to go? Anyways, again I have to say I'm so happy to be blogging again! Check this sight out! It was where I got the article "The Passion of Christ" from! there are other aticles that are interesting! The site is http://www.banneroftruth.orgGo to the article section, and read some interesting stuff!Bye bye for Good now!
posted by Allegro @ 5:59 AM
Thursday, April 22, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Hello! I am sooooo back to blogging! My Mom said I could blog on the weekends now, so right now I'll just do a post because I want to put an article on my blog. PLease read it everyone! Five Reasons Not to Go See The Passion of The ChristOn February 25, 2004 Icon films, will be releasing Mel Gibson's much anticipated film The Passion of the Christ. The date of the release was deliberately chosen to coincide with the Roman Catholic holy day of Ash Wednesday, and is indicative of the fact that for Gibson, his film was more of a work of devotion than a money making enterprise. In an interview on the Roman Catholic Television Network EWTN, Gibson candidly stated why this movie is so different from all his others, "It reflects my beliefs-I've never done that before."(1) He is also quite open about his desire to see his movie used for worldwide evangelism. Many noted Evangelicals including James Dobson and Billy Graham have also come forward to endorse The Passion of the Christ and recommend its use as a teaching tool. Currently, The Passion of the Christ is riding a groundswell of nationwide support from both Evangelicals and Roman Catholics, with many well-known Evangelical congregations, such as best selling author and Pastor Rick Warren's Saddleback Church which purchased 18,000 tickets at seven theatres, doing everything they can to ensure that The Passion of the Christ will be a smash hit amongst Christians and "seekers". Expressing a widely held view amongst the film's supporters, Lisa Wheeler, associate editor of Catholic Exchange, a Web portal dedicated to Catholic evangelism, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution "It's the best evangelization opportunity we've had since the actual death of Jesus."(2)But should Evangelicals be supporting The Passion of the Christ and endorsing its use as an Evangelism tool? Is this really the best evangelization opportunity we've had since the actual death of Jesus? After careful consideration my conclusion is an unequivocal "No." Here then are five reasons why I believe Evangelicals should not see or recommend the Passion of the Christ.1) Its Origins: Even though Evangelicals are promoting The Passion of the Christ, it is not an Evangelical movie. As Mel Gibson, a devout Roman Catholic put it so well; "It reflects my beliefs." The Passion of the Christ is a Roman Catholic movie, made by a Roman Catholic director, with Roman Catholic theological advisers, and which gained the endorsement of Pope John Paul II who said after viewing it "It is as it was."(4) This is in marked contrast to the Jesus film, which is unabashedly Protestant and Evangelical in its production and message and which has been widely used in evangelizing Roman Catholics. It is largely for this reason that the Jesus film has not been utilized or endorsed by Roman Catholics. By contrast, The Passion of the Christ has already proven its effectiveness as an evangelism tool in producing Catholic conversions and encouraging Catholic devotion:"In his first nationally broadcast interview about his starring role in Mel Gibson's much-anticipated film "The Passion of the Christ," James Caviezel - Gibson's Jesus - detailed on Friday the ordeal of filming the Crucifixion scenes, noting that the overall experience prompted many in the crew to convert to Catholicism."..."Noting "the amount of conversions on the movie," he said the experience of filming Christ's story "really changed people's lives.""Caviezel recalled telling Gibson, "I think it's very important that we have mass every day - at least I need that to play this guy.""I felt if I was going to play him I needed [the sacrament] in me. So [Gibson] provided that."(5)2) Its Script: Although it is widely thought that the script for the movie is based entirely on the gospel according to John, this is not the case. The script for The Passion of the Christ contains much extrabiblical material, and is based in part on a mystical Roman Catholic devotional work by an 18th century German Nun (Sister Anne Emmerich) entitled The Dolorous Passion of Christ. Gibson stated on EWTN that reading Emmerich's book was his primary inspiration for making the movie. By introducing extrabiblical elements, not only does The Passion of the Christ change some of the theological emphases of the Biblical account of Christ's crucifixion, but it will also create a false impression amongst the very "seekers" that Evangelicals are trying to reach, that things were said and done at the crucifixion that did not actually happen. For Evangelicals, who would feel very uncomfortable with a version of the Bible that put words into the mouth of Christ that he never spoke, to endorse a movie that does the very same thing seems hopelessly inconsistent. Protestants traditionally rejected the Apocrypha precisely because these books were fabricated and contained inauthentic material, despite the fact that these books might have been useful for evangelism. For modern evangelicals to embrace a vehicle that is inauthentic in order to achieve evangelistic ends indicates a serious decline in faithfulness.The script for The Passion of the Christ not only adds things that didn't occur in the Bible, it cuts out other things that did. The most widely known example of this being the important declaration: "His blood be on us and on our children." (Matthew 27:25)The script for The Passion of the Christ was translated into Aramaic and Latin by Father William Fulco, an old friend of Mel Gibson's. This was not done for reasons of making it more authentic.(6) The language decisions in the Passion of the Christ were made for theological reasons:"It is crucial to realize that the images and language at the heart of "The Passion of the the Christ" flow directly out of Gibson's personal dedication to Catholicism in one of its most traditional and mysterious forms - the 16th-century Latin Mass."I don't go to any other services," the director told the Eternal Word Television Network. "I go to the old Tridentine Rite. That's the way that I first saw it when I was a kid. So I think that that informs one's understanding of how to transcend language. Now, initially, I didn't understand the Latin. ... But I understood the meaning and the message and what they were doing. I understood it very fully and it was very moving and emotional and efficacious, if I may say so."The goal of the movie is to shake modern audiences by brashly juxtaposing the "sacrifice of the cross with the sacrifice of the altar - which is the same thing," said Gibson. This ancient union of symbols and sounds has never lost its hold on him. There is, he stressed, "a lot of power in these dead languages."Thus, the seemingly bizarre choice of Latin and Aramaic was actually part of the message."(7)The script of The Passion of the Christ was specifically intended to link the crucifixion of Christ with what Roman Catholics believe is the re-sacrificing of Christ that occurs in the mass. Gibson's intent is to show us that the sacrifice of the cross and the sacrifice of the altar (the mass) are the same thing. Protestant Evangelicals have historically rejected the idea that Christ can be sacrificed again and declared it "abominable." Speaking of the concept that the Crucifixion and the mass is the same thing, the Protestant Westminster Confession declares:"In this sacrament, Christ is not offered up to his Father; nor any real sacrifice made at all, for remission of sins of the quick or dead; but only a commemoration of that one offering up of himself, by himself, upon the cross, once for all: and a spiritual oblation of all possible praise unto God, for the same: so that the popish sacrifice of the mass (as they call it) is most abominably injurious to Christ's one, only sacrifice, the alone propitiation for all the sins of his elect."(8)3) Its Theology: Gibson's comment about the sacrifice of the altar and the sacrifice of the cross shows the indispensable link in this movie between the Catholic view of Christ's sacrifice and the portrayal of the Crucifixion in The Passion of the Christ. The fact that Evangelicals have uncritically endorsed it speaks volumes about how far the Evangelical Protestant understanding of Christ's death and the related subject of Justification have slipped since the Reformation. In Roman Catholic theology the intense physical suffering of Christ's Crucifixion is the focus along with the emphasis on physical sacrifice. This is one of the reasons why in Roman Catholic iconography we have so much imagery related to Christ's physical pain and that crucifixes show him still suffering on the cross (the sacrifice of the mass means that Christ's declaration that his once for all sacrifice is completed "it is finished" (John 19:30) never actually comes, and that his suffering has to be constantly repeated). This emphasis on Christ's physical agony is repeated in Roman Catholic devotional material, prayers, and of course the Passion of the Christ. The theology of the bible however points out to us that the grand importance of Christ's crucifixion lay not in his physical suffering, but in his once for all propitiation of God's wrath (1 John 4:10). Lest we forget, the greatest torment that Christ experienced on the cross was not caused by the nails driven into his flesh, but in his being made "sin for us" and vicariously suffering the righteous punishment of the Father in our place. Even the worst physical torments inflicted by the Sanhedrin and the Romans upon Jesus were nothing by comparison to the anguish of having the sins of all the elect imputed to Him and making full satisfaction for them. Satisfying the justice of the Romans on a cross was comparatively easy, thousands of condemned men and women including Spartacus and several of the Apostles did that, but only Christ could satisfy the justice of God.Also central to the Christian Gospel, but missing from The Passion of the Christ, is the concept of Christ's active obedience. Christ not only died for the sins of His sheep on the Cross but he established their righteousness through His perfect obedience to God's Law. It is only if His passive obedience in dying on the cross and His active obedience in keeping the law are imputed to believers per 2 Cor. 5:21 that believers will be justified before almighty God. The Passion of the Christ does not even make any pretence of teaching the active obedience of Christ, the entire notion of which is alien to Roman Catholic theology. Therefore if Evangelicals intend to use this as a Gospel teaching tool, they must understand that at best they are teaching only half a gospel, and that the half they are teaching is defectively presented.The sacrifice of Christ was a glorious event in which, in accordance with God's plan, full satisfaction for sin was procured by Christ on behalf of His people (Acts 2:43). The Passion of the Christ leaves us with a vision of the sacrifice of Christ that is only dolorous (Dolorous: Full of grief; sad; sorrowful; doleful; dismal) and which puts into sharp relief the Roman Catholic notion not only of the importance of Christ's agony, but that of Mary in "offering her Son." In an interview with Zenit, the Roman Catholic News Service, Father Thomas Rosica, the priest who oversaw World Youth Day 2002 and its Way of the Cross through the streets of Toronto, illustrated how The Passion of the Christ, in keeping with Roman Catholic theology, uses extrabiblical content to massively exaggerate the role of Mary:"One scene, in particular, was very moving. As Jesus falls on the Way of the Cross, there is a flashback to his falling on a Jerusalem street as a child, and his mother running out of the house to pick him up. The interplay of Mary and Jesus in this film is moving, and reaches its apex in the scene of the Pietà.The Mother of the Lord is inviting each of us to share her grief and behold her Son."(9)This use of extra-biblical material, emphasis on physical suffering, exaggeration of the role of Mary, and explicitly Roman Catholic theology should not surprise us however as these are all hallmarks of the primary inspiration for this movie: The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Let me give two examples of what I mean especially as concerns the replacement of physical pain for the far greater agony of sin bearing:"He will not stretch himself out, but we will help him;’ they accompanied these words with the most fearful oaths and imprecations, and having fastened a rope to his right leg, dragged it violently until it reached the wood, and then tied it down as tightly as possible. The agony which Jesus suffered from this violent tension was indescribable; the words ‘My God, my God,’ escaped his lips, and the executioners increased his pain by tying his chest and arms to the cross, lest the hands should be torn from the nails."(10)..."The hour of our Lord was at last come; his death-struggle had commenced; a cold sweat overspread every limb. John stood at the foot of the Cross, and wiped the feet of Jesus with his scapular. Magdalen was crouched to the ground in a perfect frenzy of grief behind the Cross. The Blessed Virgin stood between Jesus and the good thief, supported by Salome and Mary of Cleophas, with her eyes riveted on the countenance of her dying Son. Jesus then said: 'It is consummated;’ and, raising his head, cried out in a loud voice, ‘Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.’ These words, which he uttered in a clear and thrilling tone, resounded through heaven and earth; and a moment after, he bowed down his head and gave up the ghost. I saw his soul, under the appearance of a bright meteor, penetrate the earth at the foot of the Cross. John and the holy women fell prostrate on the ground."(11)Emmerich's book is literally filled with scenes like those above, and includes many extra-biblical sayings of Jesus which Sister Anne say she personally heard in her visions.4) Its Medium: Many Evangelical Pastors are hailing movies like The Passion of the Christ as part of a new and better way of spreading the Gospel:"This is a window of opportunity we have. Here's a guy who's putting his money into a movie that has everything to do with what we do," said pastor Cory Engel of Harvest Springs Community Church in Great Falls, Mont."Churches used to communicate by having a little lecture time on Sunday morning. People don't interact that way anymore. Here's a chance for us to use a modern-day technique to communicate the truth of the Bible," the Rev. Engel said."(12)It is indeed true that we live in a highly visual and increasingly anti-literate society that places a premium on sound bites and easily assimilated visual imagery, but does this mean that we should abandon preaching in favor of using movies or dramatic presentations? We need to remember that the last time dramatic presentations replaced preaching as the main vehicle by which the truth of the Bible was communicated was during the middle-ages when the church refused to allow the translation of the Bible into common languages and when in place of the preaching and teaching of God's word, the common people were given visual presentations such as Passion Plays, statues, relics, and icons. These things were designed, like most visual imagery, to play upon the emotions and stimulate a response; but the ability to evoke an emotional response via imagery or drama is not the same as successfully transmitting the Gospel. The means that God has ordained for the transmission of the Gospel, was neither drama, imagery, nor even "lectures" – it is preaching. Preaching involves the communication of the Gospel in a way that patiently convinces, rebukes, exhorts, and teaches (2 Timothy 4:2-4). The bible teaches us the awesome importance of preaching and why it cannot be replaced by another medium:We must preach God's Word regardless of how unpopular it is because we are commanded to do so: "Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables." (2 Timothy 4:2-4)We must preach God's Word because it always accomplishes the purpose for which it was sent: "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." (Isa.55:9-11)God does not command us to produce dramatic presentations of Gospel themes, He commands us to preach. Though this option was freely available to the Apostles as they brought the Gospel to cities with amphitheaters and a long tradition of using the dramatic arts to convey religious and moral themes to the populace they did not do so. The wisdom of the Apostolic methodology has been borne out by the fact that it was when the Gospel was being transmitted primarily by Plays and Symbolism that true Christianity began to sink under the weight of superstition. We are in danger of returning to precisely that state of affairs by reviving the teaching methodology of the medieval church. Even though it was produced in the 21st century, The Passion of Christ is identical in all critical aspects to the Passion Plays of the Roman Catholic Church in the Middle Ages.5) Its Main Character: Billy Graham in his endorsement of The Passion of the Christ said, "Every time I preach or speak about the Cross, the things I saw on the screen will be on my heart and mind."(13) This is unfortunately part of the problem with all visual representations of Jesus. Although we may intend for them only to have a role in teaching, they inevitably become part of our worship and adoration. As a result of seeing this film James Caviezel, the "Jesus" of The Passion of the Christ, will become the figure countless thousands if not millions of people think of when they worship Jesus Christ. To do this is to fall into the trap of changing "the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man" (Romans 1:23) and to violate the Second Commandment.Every visual representation of Jesus is inevitably a lie. There are two main reasons for this.The first reason why all visual representations of Jesus are lies is because the only wise God went to great lengths not to leave us with any physical description of the physical appearance of His Son lest we fall into the sin of image making. Therefore all of our representations of Jesus are inevitably speculations usually based upon our own desires. We create an image of Jesus that says more about the Jesus we want than the Jesus whom God sent.For instance, isn't it remarkable that the Jesus of The Passion of the Christ, as in almost all physical representations of Christ, is tall, slim, and handsome? Why should not The Son of David (Luke 18:38) have been a relatively small man like his great ancestor? It never seems to have occurred to most image-makers that Jesus could be relatively short, or stout, or even have had a receding hairline. This is in spite of the fact that one of the few details the Bible does give us about Christ's appearance is that "He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him." (Is. 53:2b) The fact that we have any concept of what Jesus looks like and that Gibson's Jesus looks like the traditional Jesus, is a testament to the abiding impact of past iconography. While the Gospels, purposely leave out any description of Jesus that we might use to construct an idol, people have created an image of Jesus that has become almost an industry standard, and it is solely for that reason rather than any basis in fact that audiences would have been outraged had Gibson cast Danny DeVito and not James Caviezel in the leading role.The Second reason why all visual representations of Jesus are lies is that they can never hope to represent the glory of Christ in His true nature. The best an image of Jesus can do is to represent him as a man, and while Jesus was truly a man, he was not merely a man. Jesus was also God, and no artist or filmmaker who has ever lived could hope to create an image that captures the true Glory of Jesus as God. While this may not appear to be a problem to us, the separation of Christ's manhood from his deity is actually a grave heresy called Nestorianism. We must not therefore attempt to separate what God has forever joined together.For the first four centuries of its existence the church did not use pictures of Jesus as an aid to evangelism. This was despite the fact that they were bringing the gospel to highly visual cultures that had always used imagery to convey religious ideas. The initial movements towards making pictures of Christ were initially strongly opposed, and the practice was formally condemned by the church as late as 753 AD. Unfortunately, once they had taken hold of the public imagination, the practice of making visible representations of Christ proved difficult if not impossible to eradicate and gradually, pictures and dramatic representations of Jesus became quite commonplace in the church. At the time of the Reformation, Protestants overwhelmingly rejected the practice of making images of Jesus as a clear violation of the Second Commandment. They also rejected the notion that such images had a necessary role as "textbooks for the laity" and then proved that notion false by producing generations of other Protestants well versed in the word and familiar with their Savior although they had never once owned or seen a representation of him.Rather than visual imagery, they relied on the preaching of the Word to save souls, and the gospel made great advances. If we return to the use of imagery and begin endorsing movies like The Passion of the Christ, we will be returning to the very state of affairs the first Protestants struggled and died to reform. We must not think that merely endorsing one form of visible representation of Christ will not lead inevitably to others. For instance, it is impossible to make a coherent argument against the use of the crucifix in teaching the Gospel if we have already endorsed the use of a movie that portrays the crucifixion. Merely because one display is static and the other moving does not change their essential nature at all. The Passion of Christ is in essence, an animated Crucifix.In closing, let me address a common objection, namely that we must use tools like The Passion of the Christ in order to reach the lost and that if we don't we are "missing a great opportunity."Are we really missing an opportunity though? If we are convinced that using a Roman Catholic movie to present the Gospel is in essence a violation of God's law, how could we possibly use it? Should we sin that grace may abound?Also, are we really certain that this will be as effective as we think in saving souls? J. Marcellus Kik in his Pictures of Christ addressed that very question and gave us some wise advice, which I think all Christians would do well to heed:"But can it not help in the saving of souls, it is asked. But how? Looking at a picture of Christ hanging upon the cross tells me nothing. It does not tell me that He hung there for sin. It does not tell me that He hung there for my sin. It does not tell me that He is the Son of God. Only the Word of God does that. And it is the Word of God that has been given us to tell the story of salvation through the blood of Christ. It is not through the foolishness of pictures that sinners are converted but through the foolishness of preaching.It is amazing how slowly unscriptural practices enter the Christian Church. We must at all times go back to the Scriptures. The Bible is our infallible guide. And if our practices and doctrines do not conform with the teachings of the Scriptures then we must eliminate them. The Bible instructs the Church not to make any likeness of Christ. The present day pictures of Christ are false and no one would make a serious claim that they resemble Christ upon earth. They separate His humanity from His deity. They do not at all give us a glimpse of His present glory. They are not condoned by the inspired apostles.God has ordained the foolishness of preaching to evangelize the world. He has promised to attend the preaching of the Word with the power of the Holy Spirit. The so-called pictures of Christ are a hindrance and a temptation to idolatry. Let us cleanse the Temple of God from them."(14)Perhaps The Passion of the Christ will provide Evangelicals with a great opportunity after all. They are being given a rare opportunity to reject the world's methods and to recommit themselves to fulfilling God's commission to preach the Gospel and to trust that that preaching will always accomplish what He pleases. Let us hope that they will seize it.1. 13-January-2004 -- EWTNews Feature http://www.ewtn.com/vnews/getstory.asp?number=428012. "Churches Make 'Stunning' Show of Support for Gibson's 'Passion'" Newsmax (Thursday, Feb. 5, 2004)3. Interestingly enough, the actual death of Jesus on the cross produced hardly any conversions. It is the preaching of Christ Crucified that has historically been "the best opportunity for evangelism"4. Papal Praise for "The Passion" "It Is as It Was," John Paul II Says ZENIT (2003-12-18) ttp://www.zenit.org/english/visualizza.phtml?sid=464455. "Mel Gibson's 'Christ' Reveals Crucifixion" Newsmax (Sunday, Jan. 25, 2004 )6. This is especially true when one considers that all the Gospels were written in Koine Greek the common language of the area and not Aramaic or Latin.7. "The passion of Mel Gibson" By TERRY MATTINGLY, Scripps Howard News Service, January 21, 20048. The Westminster Confession of Faith, Chapter 29.29. Father Thomas Rosica on Mel Gibson's "The Passion", National Director of World Youth Day 2002 Weighs in on Film (2004-02-06) http://www.zenit.org/english/visualizza.phtml?sid=4863610. The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ, by Sister Anne Catherine Emmerich11. Ibid.12. "Churches Make 'Stunning' Show of Support for Gibson's 'Passion'", Newsmax (Thursday, Feb. 5, 2004)13. "What Others Are Saying" http://www.passionchrist.org/14. "Pictures of Christ," by J. Marcellus KikBy Andrew J. WebbJust a little something to think about!Seriously everyone, It was very sad not blogging in the last little while! I almost cried a couple of times! On Saturday I'll tell you what has happened in my life the last while!
posted by Allegro @ 8:53 AM
Thursday, April 08, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Hello Everyone! SOOOO Sorry I haven't blogged in the longest time!! I'm not allowed to blog until I get caught up in my Math!! It's SAD, but It gives me an incentive to get my work done. Hopefully I'll be done by Saturday night. I'm at Cho's house right now, and since I can't blog, she is typing for me. I have ten more lessons to finish before I can blog. Sorry again for making you lovely people wait so long for a new entry! It's depressing because I have so much to blog about and I can't! Hope Everyone has an awesome Easter!
posted by Allegro @ 7:38 AM
Thursday, April 01, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Hello! Sorry, sorry, SORRY that I haven't blogged in the longest time! I've had a ton of math to do! It gives me an incentive, so that's a good thing!I'm at Cho's house right now! My little sister Aria brought her Chou-Chou doll and Cho is being interested by it. It has batteries, and she's amusing herself by pressing the suther over and over again and it's making a weird noise. Go Cho!I have to tell you a very sad thing that has been happening to me the last few days. (Cho is being annoying. Reading everything I type down. Grrrrr . . .) When I practise cello, I always put my bow too far forward on the A string (the highest string on my cello, well . . . all cellos) and I have been getting sticky, stinky, stupid ROSIN on my pants and it's sticks and stinks and is stupid! It might not sound very sad to you guys, but I'm sad! Now you violin players, don't you tell me you understand just because you play a stringed instrument! It sad I tell you, sad!I have a piano lesson after my sister is done. Did I tell you guys I got a new Impromptu, no.4, by Shubert? (Cho, stop making that annoying noise!) Anyways, it's a cool thing, and I hope I can play it today! It almost brings me to tears!I REALLY have to go! Hopefully everyone starts blogging and commenting again! No one has been on blogs lately, except for a very few people! It's sad, because it's sad! Anyways, Cho and I have to go to do some lovely talking over a little bit of lunch! Hopefully this blog post satisfies you gals!
Friday, March 26, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Hello! Sorry I haven't blogged for the longest time! I've had millions of stuff to do!Tonight I went to a scholarship dinner for the Festival I had in February. It was fun. A chili and hotdog supper, with icecream for dessert. It's like that every year, but it's always good!My little sister Aria got her front walkover tonight at her gymnastics class. She's amazing! I can't say enough about her!Tomorrow night I have a mock ballet exam. YIKES! I hope I do well! I hope I get everything right, and that I always remember to smile, and that I do all the excercises right, and that I point hard enough, and that I always turn-out . . . I think I'll be able to!Got to go!
posted by Allegro @ 6:40 PM
Monday, March 22, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Here I am blogging again! I love it sooooo much!First of all, and this is a bit early, but I would like to announce (with happiness in my heart) that it is my beloved friend Summer's . . . BIRTHDAY TOMORROW! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUMMER!I hope you have many more! You're AWESOME!!!!!Here are some quotes by I don't know who! Isn't that great! Not knowing the author! Anyways . . . A man's potential for God lies not in his ability, nor in his opportunity, but in his humility before God.God is not impressed with our abilities . . . they came from Him. He is not impressed with our opportunities . . . they are gifts from Him as well. He is impressed only with our humility . . . it testifies our sense of dependency.What do you think? It's hard to understand them, I think, without focusing your mind around them and reading it over to try to understand it! Don't you think?I have to babysit my little cousin tonight . . . she's not even one yet, but she's the cutest baby! She's really chubby, and she laughs all the time, but she does have a bit of a temper! I can't wait till tonight!I don't understand how everyone (well, not everyone, but it seems like it) can't comment on my blog! It's sad I tell you, SAD! If worse comes to worse, I'll just have to get a new comment system!I have some news, but I'm not sure if it's true! My brother, "J", as he commented before *winks to Singhey and Cho* had a friend over who is a computer whiz, and this friend told him about a very secret website that he found that you have to pay $50 to get into. The website was a LOTR website, that said that Peter Jackson is working and doing a movie on the Hobbit, to come out next March! If it's true . . . that would be soooooo awesome! That would be the best! I'm not sure if it's positively true, so don't set you're hopes too high!That's all for now folks! (Bloggers, I should say!)
posted by Allegro @ 12:08 PM
Saturday, March 20, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Hello everyone! I GOT A BLOG! YIPPEEEEE!!!! I'm sooooo excited about it! Who wouldn't be? I have this piece of paper that I've had for months that has all kinds of ideas and things I want to put on my blog! I'll have to do them all slowly though, to ease you guys in. You don't want to be reading my long blog post for hours!Happy first day of spring, even though I'm wrapped up in a blanket, with my fingers numb, typing this! When will the real spring come?You have probably read this on Cho's blog already, but we had an awesome sleepover, huh Cho? We scrapbooked, made my blog, (which took a long time because I couldn't decide on anything) made stamps, went to the scrapbook station, stayed up really late (heehee) and all the other stuff you do at sleepovers!Yesterday my Mom, my little sister, and my older brother left at about 10:00 AM to go to London to do some shopping! We had to go to the ballet store to get me some ballet shoes and new tights for my exam, go to some vacuum place, and go to a men's and boy's suit store for my brother's graduation. The Suit Store didn't really interest me, but of course I had to look for the proper tie to match this, the perfect suit, and what looked horrible and ugly. What are sisters for? Then we went out to Pizza Hut for the Lunch Buffet, which is, if you have never had it, heavenly! Then went to violin and cello lessons. That was normal. I didn't get any new songs in my lesson . . . too bad! It's probably because I have to work on loosening my wrist, and playing closer to the bridge, ect. ect....... You probably wonder now how my cello teacher could ever give my new songs, with all the things I have to practise!Then my little sister Aria had three hours of gymnastics! She's really good at it too! Last night she mastered her front tuck on the floor, which she did with quite good form and lots of power! She's very muscular and strong for a 7 year old!Last night my Mom and I also went to a concert! There was a flute and clarinet duo, accompanied by the piano, and a strings trio, which my cello teacher was in! The strings trio played a Brahms, and it was just beautiful! I love Brahms with a passion, and I almost cried in most of the four movements! It was wonderful!Anyways, when did everyone get up this first day of spring, cold Saturday morning? I got up at 7:05 AM (you probably think I'm crazy) and did a math lesson, marked two math lessons, and finished up another math lesson, in the span of 1 1/2 hours! Thank you, thank you! I'm pretty proud of myself too!That's all for now! Thanks sooooo much for the big response to my blog! And I'm really mad at halosacn for not letting certain people comment! Grrrrrrrrrr . . . Bye bye!
posted by Allegro @ 5:37 AM
Thursday, March 18, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Hi! I GOT A BLOG! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!
posted by Allegro @ 6:44 AM
Wednesday, March 17, 2004
Comment (0) Trackback (0)

Hi! I'm experimenting right now and Cho is helping. I really need to personalize my template.


WOOOWWW, that is long.
xoxo

legro