Thursday, February 10, 2005

Summer's Post

If you guys haven't read Summer's blog post, you should read it. It's very interesting! You'll find the link on the sidebar. You guys know that, lol, anyways . . . .
In response to that, I found this quote in a book I was reading a while ago . . . .

"Jesus, please hold my heart in Your hand. Don't let me give it or any piece of it away. I want YOU to give it away in your time, to the right person. Please hold it tight, lock it up, and keep the key."

Anyways, I thought I'd post that.
So, my day. You're probably thinking *groans* not again. lol
But today I had piano, it was so wonderful and plain awesome! I love my piano lessons, I love piano. So, I played all my songs I'm going to play for the festival this year, my prelude and fugue in A major by Bach, my Mendelssohn Song Without Words. WOW. that is such a gorgeous piece, I could play it forever and ever. You could listen to it forever and ever.
And my Cat and Mouse, by Copland. That's one of my big songs for the festival. The adjudicator is a man who has adjudicated me before, and I also did a master class with him, THIS piece, and now he's adjudicating this year, of course, lol, so now he will hear it again, and my improvements. wow, that was a long sentence, or run on sentence, heh. :P
And I also ran through my new prelude and fugue in D major by Bach, and a set of two fugues, and a programatic work (all combined) by Bach as well. Back is so, pure amazing. Genius! wow!
I love Bach. He's one of my favourite composers. The capriccio set I ran through today, it was written by Bach in the time when he lost his older brother. I played the 4th, 5th, and 6th movements, I haven't played the first few yet. The first though, I'm guessing, are when the shock hit Bach the his brother was dead (MY brother plays the first movement of this work) and by the movements I played, the music seemed like he had accepted it. The last chord in the 6th movement ended on the thirs too, it didn't sound final, like he knew his brother's journey was not over. I was so cool!
And tonight I have harmony and voice. Hope it goes well. I will see Chels tonight, and we're probably going to practice our duet that we're playing for the festival too. We haven't really started it too much yet, EEK! And the festivals in two weeks. We're playing against our bros though, who are also doing a duet, in the same class. COMPETITION. no, lol. It will be fun though. *winkage*
well everyone, have a nice day!

xoxo

legro